Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sure, it'll let me put the title in easy but guess what? No title...

It's been a Crazy on Wheels this past week...We're still getting lots of rain...so I just had to listen to this, some of you may recognize/remember this tune, here are the words....

"Hey man, take a look out the window 'n' see what's happ'nin'
Hey man, it's rainin'
It's rainin' outside man
Aw, don't worry 'bout that
Everything's gonna be alright
We'll get into somethin' real nice you know
Sit back and groove on a rainy day Yeah Yeah
I see what you mean brother, lay back and groove.

Rainy day, dream away
Ah let the sun take a holiday
Flowers bathe an' ah see the children play
Lay back and groove on a rainy day.

Well I can see a bunch of wet creatures, look at them on the run
The carnival traffic noise it sings the tune splashing up 'n'
Even the ducks can groove rain bathin' in the park side pool
And I'm leanin' out my window sill diggin' ev'rything
And ah and you too.

Rainy day, rain all day
Ain't no use in gettin' uptight
Just let it groove its own way
Let it drain your worries away yeah
Lay back and groove on a rainy day hey
Lay back and dream on a rainy day"

From Electric Ladyland 1968

Ahh, Jimi.

One very rockin'dude,eh? But there was so much more to his music, you folks out there who got into it more than what they played on the radio waves know what I'm talking about, the above tune is an example of that. Blues, most definitely, but also mellow, jazzy little tunes...yep, he did those too.



I've been awarded this






which has tickled me no end...but what had me knocked out of my chair was the fact that FIVE seriously Rockin' 'girls' gave it to me. THANK YOU x5! and they would be...
(forewarning here, I AM quite fond of the word 'sweetheart', ok?)


Julie she's just too cool for words...seriously, AND she's expecting her very first Grandchild, Clover Grace......!!! Julie is a sweetheart.
Charity the very.sweetest.soul.ever. and always touching my heart.
Hege ...she's amazing, absolutely so, plus we share that love of elephants.. her knitting brings tears to my eyes, it is just that beautiful
Kittymommy (seriously, do I not know your first name?) I have such a great time reading her blog, her little ones are so cute, and I'm just amazed at all she accomplishes, did I mention how funny she is? yep.
Nikki sweet and so very generous, what is it with the Sweethearts in Virginia?

And these ladies indeed Rock, they Rock hard!

Now Hege claims she's too old to say someone 'rocks' with a straight face, which made me giggle, so I suggested she'd just have to say it with a big smile on her face, works for me.

But 'Rock'...most folks think of the style of music, and well, so do I (I also think of rocks...you know, the kind on the ground? 'cause I love rocks...yes, Stephanie, I DO collect rocks!) er.. back to the 'Rock'...I do believe there's a finer definition that has evolved that goes waaay beyond ....Joan Jett...ya know?

Anyway, now I get to make some picks, heh, and the way I see it (always with the 'knotminding') since I've been awarded this title 5 times...I should be able to pick 5x5...right?

Because let's face it, ya'll rock. That's right. And you know what else? I'm sending it right back to Julie, Hege, Charity, Kittymommy, and Nikki in case they'd like to spread the 'Rockin' goodness some more...you don't 'have' to, of course, but the opportunity is here for the taking.

There's no reason or rhyme to the order...just seriously know that I think you are ALL Rockin' Women!(we need a Rockin' Dude award...for Eric and Tony!)



Ms.K You already know how I feel about her...
Monica Outrageous (in such a good way) and ALWAYS up to something!
Marti So very Earthy, I love this about her
Wanda....check it out, she has a new blog addy! Wanda is a most beautiful soul, she's always touching my heart.
Ryan & TMK (Dulaan Dudettes!) Funny, amazing and exceptional at everything they do.
Susan Incredibly nice and have you seen her designs?!?
Dana A sweetheart...such a generous soul, Queen of Felted Clogs, Bowls, Socks and soon Spinning...and to think I would've missed her if I hadn't read comments that day....
Dianne What a sweet, kindhearted, generous, funny lady, she's a good friend, she's also my hero.
Robin Yet another incredibly talented lady, she keeps me on my toes with her little guessing games
Pat for one, she has the very best dressed feet around, inspirational
Glenna Funny woman, and so much more...another one with that kind of brain for amazing design
Martha Glenna's twin sister, her photos will amaze you, her knitting will astound you
Kelly Such a sweetheart, gifted knitter and dudes, she has a wee bitty hedgehog, for real!
Peg This lady cranks out some amazing knits, all beautiful and she can swim 67 laps!
Norma mercy...where to begin? rose petal jam perhaps? Her heart is as big as a Kansas sky.
Paula fabulous knits, designs and she's soon to be off on her wondeful Birthday Trip!
UK Jo Sweetheart deluxe...her spinning? Leaves me in a swoon each and every time
Sarah Another sweetheart and I'd love to be able to have dinner with you too
Angie Her mind is amazing. Her heart and soul...exceptional.
Holly (she has two blogs, here's the other one) She has an incredible imagination, love her!
UK Marianne Domestic Goddess and so much more, always inspiring me
Amber Have you seen her Elemental Dolls? Beautiful
Celtic Jo Always and forever up to something new and exciting
Mary Ann (Nonizamboni) Incredibly insightful in her writing and always thoughtful
Emma she's too cool for words, seriously, she's a great neighbor and always knitting the most incredible projects
Kit very funny and beautiful knitting!
Saisquoi? Discovered her not too long ago, she's 'next door' in the Magic 28 circle and she does indeed rock!
Amy Besides always cracking me up with her humour she's a sweetheart, generous and kind, she's also quite the 'bag lady'
Faren So glad she finally got a blog where we could leave comments! Very generous soul
Sue Librarian extraordinaire...that goes for her knitting too, incredibly inspiring
Kathy She's also Librarian extraordinaire..she hasn't been knitting terribly long but dudes, she can KNIT...and her quilts are not at all shabby (they're beautiful)
Dee This lady does it all, knits, stitches, takes great photos and shows some pretty tasty meals.


and of course.....Gretchen, Rockin' Guest Blogger! (you also already know how I feel about Gretchen, this life is indeed grand)

That's quite the whack of Rockin' folks! I have been inspired by each and every one of you, no doubt about it...believe me, you are each very special, incredibly exceptional human beings...(of course, go ahead and count them...you really thought I'd stop at 25?..what can I say? my bad? my not minding?)


All you fine folks grab that award and whap it on your blogs.


Onward and upward....the closing date is fast approaching...ack...it's on a Thursday (not this week but the next), Bobby says to me yesterday morning...'hey, we close on Thursday, we can have a moving truck here the next day and move!'.....thump...then my brain exploded...just a little. Now as crazy as that might sound, and maybe it doesn't crazy to you at all but hold on, the thing is my Mother and a cousin of mine have gotten their heads together and set up a 'family gathering' for the following Sunday. yep.


Bobby and I had a bout of verbal duking...and then we each went to our own corners for awhile...I thought it out over the next couple of hours after which time we had bout #2...then back to our separate 'corners' and I spent a few more hours thinking it out...it just might be 'do-able' but it involves baking either this week or early in the next week and putting those goods in the freezer..and oh yeah, having Grandchildren here during the day....yep..I'll keep you posted.





If my head doesn't explode.

A friend sent this photo in an email this week, 'Sunset at the North Pole' I don't know who took this, I certainly didn't....so I'm not trying to take any credit here....I did send it out to a few friends, I know that some folks were able to view it, others not so that's why I'm including it in the post. Outstanding.




Happy Rockin', and Knitting to all and continue to make good times.

19 Comments:

Blogger Glenna C said...

Aw! Well, aren't you nice. And you passed it on to so many people - here I was going to pass it on to YOU! :D Maybe I still will, you can never have too many accolades.

15 July, 2007 16:26  
Blogger Hege said...

You just rock five times as much! Must be that hippie chick background ;) xxx H

15 July, 2007 16:45  
Blogger Faren said...

I almost "squeed" with delight with I read my name! Thanks so much Marianne! I've seen this making the rounds and figured you would get it before to long. And thanks for all the links, I love surfing through blogs!
I hope the closing and moving goes smooth, whenever you choose to do it!
That picture is amazing!

15 July, 2007 16:49  
Blogger Charity said...

Aw, Marianne, how blessed you are indeed to have such a list of rockin' people to share! :0)

15 July, 2007 16:58  
Blogger Kit said...

Aw honey, thank you so much for the kind words. *hugs tight*

15 July, 2007 17:53  
Blogger Nikki said...

I'm glad you were tickled! I knew I was when I got tagged or awarded or however you want to say it! :)

good luck with the closing, the move and the get together!

15 July, 2007 17:59  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Aw shucks, I'm blushing over here. Thanks for the kind words. I am around if you need help. Your grandkids could join me and "my" kids at the library for the afternoon or something.

15 July, 2007 19:03  
Blogger Dianne said...

You KNOW..that I KNOW..that you ROCK..As always you provided me with a smile..and God knows I can use them..You're an incredible lady!!..so I have no doubt that you can meet all the appointed dates..with 'total coolness'...I will be that 'gentle push' you feel when you need it..hugs..love you~~

15 July, 2007 20:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jeff shpuld have that one ( not a rock chick obviously!). I think I need a special "Jazz Gal" symbol thingy ..what are those called ? Maybe Dylan when he went electric ? Anyhow you all rock to me .I kinda forget to put music on often so Holly was amused to see me tapping away to Nina whilst typing. I have to steal Hor J's portable C.D players so I shall put an I:Pod on my Christmas list !

16 July, 2007 01:15  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yey for rockin bloggers :)

Hope that your moving and partying works out - things always end up in a heap don't they? Still it'll all be good in the end.

16 July, 2007 08:03  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Awww...thank you for your sweet words!

BTW, my real name is much more generic in a late 60's/early 70's kind of way: I'm a Jen!

16 July, 2007 09:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just admit I was a little disappointed I didn't make the big rockin' list...AND THEN!!! An honor to be included in that fine group of people. I'll be back. I survived moving (it only took 9 weeks in a hotel and b&b). You can do this. I'm sure of it. You're way more organized than I ever was - Really.

16 July, 2007 14:39  
Blogger picperfic said...

I love rock n roll...put another dime in the jukebox baby!!!

Oooh...I am honoured to receive that award from you, a domestic goddess eh....? You should see the trail of destruction I leave in my wake as I go through the house with my creativity! I never got into Jimi, my boyfriend I had in 1972 had been to see him in the Isle of Wight pop festival the year before and I know he was very proud to have done that. Do you know where Barry comes from? The Isle of Wight! It was only one hours ferry ride from where I used to live, I went there often but I wasn't looking for a Barry. He had to find me! I'm rambling again....is 'closing day' the same as exchanging contracts in the UK? Good luck honey, it's come round very quickly, well it seems like it has to me, it was the finding the right house that took the time!So, you're packing?

16 July, 2007 16:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Marianne! You are so kind to include me in that wonderful list of rockin' bloggers!
I love the North Pole sunset!(email and blog!)

16 July, 2007 19:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

earthy huh? i always considered myself somewhat down to earth (except for the small fact that I just killed my calorie quota for today with chocolate for breakfast and it isn't even 7:30 yet)

17 July, 2007 09:25  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for the nomination, Marianne! It appears that we have the same moving day - I'll be thinking of you on the 27th and hoping it all goes well for both of us!

17 July, 2007 17:42  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Aw Marianne, Thanks! I don't got much rhythm, I'm more of a rock stubber but hey, I'm honored. :-)

I hope you're not stressing to greatly over the move. Though, yikes, one week to pack and deal with a party to boot. Time to escape: "i am a rock, i am an island..."

17 July, 2007 20:22  
Blogger Eric & Tony said...

Wow, to be included in such company is an honor. Thanks, Marianne!

18 July, 2007 09:08  
Blogger Dana said...

You're so amazing! Definitely a rocker! :) XOXOX P.S. Clogs are en route as of Monday afternoon. Hope they work for Ray.

18 July, 2007 15:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home