Friday, July 06, 2007

KA BUK BUK KA BUK BUK BUK KA BUK KA BUK BUK.......

I'm practicing...you know...that headless chicken running around thing (ewwww, yeah, I know)...things are starting to get a wee bit crazy around here, not much mind you, it's just starting but I figured to get in some practice time, be good and ready for the BIG craziness.

We actually had a 24 hour period of NO RAIN...that would be the 3rd to 4th July, I mowed our yard on the 3rd then got up and mowed Mom's the next morning. Just when I thought we'd have more than 'a' day of no rain we had this incredible T-storm hit, right over head, no kidding, big bolts of lightening then KA-BOOM, hardly any wait time at all. I'm really not one to jump but....there was one...not only did it make me jump, but I also ducked...and came back in the house.

'They' say we'll be having a dry weekend but I've gotta tell you...the temps are getting high, the dewpoint is high, the ground is saturated, the grass is so full of moisture..I have a feeling we may be experiencing 'reverse mist', you know? Super Steamy.

This coming Monday morning we're hoping those 'must be made of sugar' inspectors will crawl under the house so the inspections can be complete. Get on with this event.

Precious little knitting has been going on...I was working on a 'pretty' project but then our friend, Ray,(he who dubbed Chris and I 'Crusty Old Bitches' 'COBs') had a birthday last Sunday, they were to come over for dinner last Saturday but Bobby was sick and we postponed it until tomorrow evening. I'm now on the second sock, (yes, Ray must receive birthday socks) knitting my way down the foot...I'm hoping to finish it tonight and I promise I'll have photo/s of the socks, possibly on his feet. Oh, (my brain is in 'scatter deluxe' mode) so yes, got side tracked by the birthday socks...but I have to tell you, he loves his handknit socks, he feels pretty much the same as Dana when it comes to handknit socks...I'll be very happy to get back to the 'pretty' knitting project...and no, I can't be blogging about it either....shhhhh.

Hey, check this out. This is what I call Fancy Pants.



It's a pot-filler. I've seen these in older, large (historical type) homes and they're making a come back, is that cool or what? (I took this photo the other day while inspections were going on so no, not my kettle or coffee maker)


Oh yeah......Monica tagged me...and of course, I'm not going to 'tag' anyone but it was kind of fun and different so I accepted the tag and if anyone out there wants to do this, please, go for it.

Here's what you do:


"Go into Wikipedia and find things that happened on your birthday. You're supposed to list three events, two births, and one holiday".


Of course, I don't mind very well, right?


The events I thought were interesting: (I know, more than 3)


475 - Basiliscus becomes Byzantine Emperor, with a coronation ceremony in the Hebdomon palace in Constantinople.
1528 - Gustav I of Sweden crowned king of Sweden.
1915 - United States House of Representatives rejects proposal to give women the right to vote.
1969- Led Zeppelin releases their first album
2007 - Comet McNaught reached perihelion becoming the brightest comet in more than 40 years.


The births: (yep, definitely more than 2)


1628 - Charles Perrault, French folklorist (d. 1703)

1729 - Edmund Burke, Irish statesman (d. 1797)

1849 - Jean BĂ©raud, French painter (d. 1935)

1856 - John Singer Sargent, American artist (d. 1925)

1876 - Jack London, American author (d. 1916)

1930 - Tim Horton, Canadian hockey player (d. 1974) (DUDE!)

1935 - Kreskin, mentalist

1907 - Sergei Korolev, Russian rocket scientist (d. 1966) (YES, a Rocket Scientist!)

The holidays...(again, yes, more than 1)


Saint Tatiana

Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day


I'll go cruise through the drafts, see what's there for a little fun and games.

There's this.....

Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating

and this...


You Are: 30% Dog, 70% Cat

You and cats have a lot in common.
You're both smart and in charge - with a good amount of attitude.
However, you do have a very playful side that occasionally comes out!
and this.......


Your Inner Color is Blue

Your Personality: Your natural warmth and intuition nurtures those around you. You are accepting and always follow your heart.

You in Love: Relationships are your top priority, and this includes love. You are most happy when you are serious with someone.

Your Career: You need to help others in your job to feel satistifed. You would be a great nurse, psychologist, or counselor.



I seriously would NOT be a great nurse.

and this one.....



What Your Hands Say About You

You are logical, analytical, and rational. You have good verbal skills.

Flexible and broad minded, you can fit in to any situation. There's no telling where your life will take you.

Consistent and reliable, you like to count on structure and routine in your life.

Your emotions tend to be relaxed and uncomplicated. You don't read too much into things.


Mustn't forget this one....it's really making the rounds...

37%

Mingle2 - Free Online Dating



Have fun with all that.....heh.


Happy Knitting to all, and continue making good times.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain with the rain. Wednesday the grass was fine. Thursday --- total jungle and raining. By Saturday my son will need a machete and a GPS to get the yard done.

06 July, 2007 14:58  
Blogger Nikki said...

I feel the need to go meditate for you! (and I dropped out of that class due to something that was so important I forgot LOL)

I got 55% chance of zombie survival and my sister (the zombie movie queen) got 74%!

Can't wait to see the socks and the other secretive project!!

I've still got my fingers crossed for you and the move and no rain!

06 July, 2007 18:50  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Tim Horton! :D
Now bearing the name of coffeeshops all over Canada...

06 July, 2007 18:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the first person I've seen with a blog rated anything other than "G". You must be really bad!

My zombie survival percentage is the same as yours; we could be in trouble.

06 July, 2007 21:35  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hope you don't get too headless chook to keep on knitting. I think you should be prescribed knitting time to keep you calm :)

07 July, 2007 04:49  
Blogger Joanna said...

Hey you! I got the same inner colour as you, I wouldn't make a good nurse either. Hope the rain has stopped, we've had a sunny bright day at alst and I got some spun yarn washed and set!

07 July, 2007 14:24  
Blogger picperfic said...

haha! You're excited aren't you? I love that tap, never seen one before but wat a brilliant thing! Expecially useful for filling the kettle when the sink is full of dishes! I laughed at yuo ducking the lightning, or was it the thnder? Your friend is a lucky man to have some socks knitted by you...and what's the pretty thing? I'm so nosey....!!

07 July, 2007 14:26  
Blogger Robin said...

I swear I'm not teasing you but we haven't had a good rain in over a week!
I'm saving the "Birthday MeMe" for August!

08 July, 2007 07:22  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

I think Seattle must have sent you our rain....still dry enough here that my new hydrangea keeps falling over! No surprise that you and I are the same inner color, or that I have only 1% more chance of zombie survival than you...but can you believe my blog is an R? Oops....

08 July, 2007 08:16  
Blogger Hege said...

I wish we could share some of the rain! We have hardly had any rain for like a month. All the grass is brown and crunchy, and watering is not encouraged... Oh well. :) Enjoy it being lush and green where you are ;) I will have to do some of those quizzes. But I know in advance my color is blue and I am more dog than cat!

08 July, 2007 14:05  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I hope things stay dry long enough for the "MBMOS" Inspectors this week. Did they not know when they chose that occupation that they would have to crawl underneath houses on occasion? If they DID know and took the job anyway then a little water should never be an excuse. I always want to say things like that in those situations, but rarely ever do.

09 July, 2007 05:49  
Blogger Dana said...

I've got my fingers crossed (re: sugary inspectors) for you.

In the meantime, gather the troops and put them to work packing. If the sons balk, start discussing their labor and deliveries, if the friends try to squirm away, remind them of all those handknit socks. The grandkids? Gophers. ;) I am the crusty old bitch; have a whip and not afraid to use it! LOLOL

Happy packing & knitting. XOXOX

(My Zombie survival was 54% - - all those "loved one" questions kept dragging my score down).

09 July, 2007 08:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had NEVER heard of a pot filler and this morning, I went to my daughter's house and her boyfriend who is a plumber just put one in above their stove....I came home and read your post and there it was again!

09 July, 2007 11:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez Marianne I thought you were really , really old until I realised it didn't have to be the year you were born just the date..ahem. I hope Bobby is feeling better. It is raining again after a brief spell of sun . That will really hack off our neighbour as one of my leaves might peep over her fence and she goes ballistic. I'd need napalm to tackle it all.

10 July, 2007 01:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up again... *sigh* Thanks for doing the meme, I loved your answers! Esp. the Gustav I fact - skipping to your next post, where you say you're reading 1632? - that's Gustav Adolphus' grandfather! Hehehheheheh. (And cool on you reading it! Gosh, I hope you like it...) And Led Zeppelin, too cool. Lotsa cool births, too, and I love the holidays. Very nice!

The pot-filler is neat. And it's also reassuring to know we have about the same chance of surviving a zombie attack. If we can ever manage to find each other, that is. ;) It's quite a ways, across a landscape full of zombies...

11 July, 2007 06:50  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Ummm...hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm thinking a headless chicken running around isn't going to be doing much "KA BUK KA BUK." Ya know? ;o)

11 July, 2007 10:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home