Monday, May 28, 2007

Quiet.

It's been a quiet weekend, a long quiet weekend and it's been just fine by me.


What do you think? This is using Sockotta sock yarn, fair isle affect, #6670, this is the yarn Kathleen was using at Knitnight last Tuesday, and using the Jaywalker sock pattern. I was completely charmed with her sock and on Friday went out to that lys and found a skein of that yarn, cast on, and here's sock #1. Yes, it DID take me from Friday until today to knit that baby. I know. I was busy doing other things around the house....none of which were as exciting or fun as playing with this yarn and pattern though. I started out using 2.75mm dpns, and got down the leg, tried it on, tooooo big, ripped it out and started over using 2.5mm dpns, much better, I'm also using the 76 stitch-count.

I received a few questions about the Monkey sock and needle size...although the pattern reads US2...it also reads US2/2.5mm, the 2.5mm is more a US1.5 size, which happens to be what I'm using on the Monkey socks. I would say to always take note of the metric size if they list it, apparently US needles can be a range of sizes so yes...always check the metric number.

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend, had plenty of knitting time and making good times, please continue......keep it going...


Have a little fun....

You are an ISFJ

The Nurturer (that reads that I am an ISFJ, very faint lettering in that html)

You have a strong need to belong, and you're very loyal.
A good listener, you excell at helping others in practical ways.
In your spare time, you enjoy engaging your senses through art, cooking, and music.
You find it easy to be devoted to one person, who you do special things for.

You would make a good interior designer, chef, or child psychologist.

19 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

What beautiful socks!! I wish I could get one sock done as quickly as you. But that's OK. I'm relatively happy with the speed of my knitting. :)

28 May, 2007 18:09  
Blogger Emma said...

Wow, that's some speedy sock-knitting! Love those colors, and, of course, Jaywalkers rock.

28 May, 2007 18:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea to use self patterning yarn with Jaywalker pattern - I love them!!!

28 May, 2007 19:38  
Blogger Dianne said...

How Beautiful My Friend!..And Quickly too...love the pattern and color choice..muy bueno!! Happy Knitting~~

28 May, 2007 19:48  
Blogger Charity said...

This is wonderful! I love the way the patterned yarn and stitch pattern work together. :0)

28 May, 2007 21:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that's gorgeous! Looks like spring, and also very ethnic - sort of like Estonian knitting or similar. Very, very pretty!

Glad you had a long quiet weekend. Aren't they lovely?

28 May, 2007 22:20  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

We had a very quiet weekend too.I got a lot knitting done. I love that Jaywalker. That yarn is very clever, how do they do it?

29 May, 2007 00:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that sock ..if I did a personality test the pooter would cry and say in a Woody voice "Oh my God such anxiety" .It might detect I am knitting my most supremely weird shawl yet and ask "why another shawl already ?" .

29 May, 2007 01:34  
Blogger picperfic said...

I love that sock!! The yarn looks so pretty and it would really make you want to keep knitting to see the next pattern! I tend to use the metric sizing for my needles but I can remember the old imperial numbers and was surprised to hear Barry's daughter Denise talking about the old sizes....she's only 24!

What on earth is a ESFJ?? cos that's what i am, I've posted the results on me blog! I need about another 2 days this week...any suggestions?

29 May, 2007 07:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock turned out beautiful! I am working on another pair of jaywalkers at the moment too, but was too busy doing yardwork this weekend to take pictures. And yes, the picture on my blog is a clematis. Aren't they pretty?

29 May, 2007 09:35  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yum, that is really lovely. I hope you get to keep this one after all your generous knitting for others?

I did speak with my Dad straight after finishing blogging the other day and we had a lovely catch up. I try and phone every few days but where does the time go?

I like that you thought I was taller :)

29 May, 2007 11:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have some of that yarn! The sock is gorgeous!

29 May, 2007 15:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coool sock! That sock was finished very quickly.

Monkeys are on my list of "to-do"s too.

29 May, 2007 15:37  
Blogger nonizamboni said...

Loved the socks! Nice choice of yarn colors too. I've been working on footies for my daughter's clogs with Fixation--but as much frogging as I've done I hope there'll be some elastic left.
What fun doing the personality tests: I'm a Turkey Sandwich with a ham sandwich as my best friend!!!

30 May, 2007 09:22  
Blogger Dana said...

Gorgeous sock! Glad to read that you had a nice, quiet & enjoyable weekend. XOXOX

30 May, 2007 12:14  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Surprise - I'm an ISFJ also. :-)

The design on those socks is fantastic.

A leisurely weekend sounds good. Is this week already on the downhill side to the next weekend!

30 May, 2007 14:16  
Blogger Joanna said...

Lovely sock medearie, I'm an Idealist, no surprises there!

31 May, 2007 07:10  
Blogger Hege said...

Your sock looks so cool! The patterning on the yarn came out in such a fun way. Cheers to you!

31 May, 2007 09:00  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh, my gosh...I LOVE the sockotta Jaywalker! It's just lovely. I really must try it. See you at the cabin?

31 May, 2007 20:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home