Monday, May 21, 2007

Aaaah, it's Monday, again.....

Only it really hasn't been a morning of leisure at all. I've had errands to run, just a couple, close by, then home to mow the yard, yep, we don't have a 'lawn', it's just a plain old yard but I am rather fond of it. For the most part we have lots of shade so if I time it right I don't have to spend much time in the sun and I always try and get the yard work accomplished in the mornings.

We've been having the most glorious weather the past several days. The humidity has been very low and the temps in the 60s and 70s (F), right now it's 80F and feels wonderful, there's been breezes, blue skies with those fabulous white fluffy clouds. It's the kind of weather that if you happen to be awake in the middle of the night and just maybe you go out the back door....the birds are singing, they are singing their hearts out, aah, those mild Spring nights when they sing all night long...I love that. I also miss it in that DH will not sleep with windows open, you read that right, he will not. SIGH and several little sighs.....so I find myself waking up, either by myself or with the help of Ms.Smooch and whilst I'm showing her the door....I walk out into the night and enjoy the bird song. It's really been nice.

I have gotten the Dulaan knitting completed for this year.....10 pair of Magic 28 socks and 6 hats. I'll be sending Ryan a photo and have her add me to the list of 'completes' for the year.



I received a very sweet surprise in the mail from Dianne, you remember she just went to a fibre fest a couple of weeks ago and would you just look at that wee alpaca? Is that not the cutest? She found him/her (I haven't decided yet) there. Dianne ALSO just got back from Mexico (she's quite the gad about don't you know?) and sent me some wonderful vanilla. This smells soooo good, seriously, what is it with vanilla? Really good vanilla? It smells so good, beyond good, seems to me you should be able to sip it, you know what I'm talking about, but we've all learned (and probably the hard way,eh?) this just should not be done. But damn, it smells so divine! AND the yarn! Look at those cheerful colours! I'll be making a pair of winter house socks with this gorgeous yarn.


Dianne, Thank you so very much, you are such a sweet, kind and generous lady! (I am SO sorry I didn't get the 'thank you' in here originally.....I just got all caught up in singing the praises for the goodies....has anyone out there seen my mind? if so, could you get it back to me? asap? Dianne, forgive me, please.....)

Yep, 2 photos, and why? Ms. Smooch just walked right up during the photo shoot and sat herself down and was just looking so sweet and pretty....(just trying to make up for the middle of the night wake up meows). (plus, wish I hadn't 'lopped' her head there, oh well)

That's it for now...

Happy Knitting to all and continue to make good time.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Well done on the Dulaan knits, Marianne. You've been quite busy yourself :) I love the new yarn. And yes, there is something special abut really good vanilla, isn't there? It seems a shame to put in in baking sometimes, where you can barely taste it. Enjoy!

21 May, 2007 15:26  
Blogger Paula said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

21 May, 2007 16:04  
Blogger Paula said...

Lawns are seriously over-rated.

Your half-dozen cupcakes look yummy and I love the circle-o-socks.

21 May, 2007 16:07  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Tag, you're it (maybe)...see my blog for an explanation!

21 May, 2007 16:12  
Blogger Joanna said...

happy Monday Marianne! Those cupcakes look fabulous, you've done your share for Dulaan, the Body Shop have always done a vanilla oil perfume, I used to wear it as a teenager, used to smell so yummy!

21 May, 2007 16:26  
Blogger Nikki said...

What a great collection of socks and hats!!

21 May, 2007 17:41  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Awww...what a cute alpaca!! I love the socks with the ball-band cuff and matching heel! What a cute idea.

21 May, 2007 18:52  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I was looking at the yarn and the little alpaca and I didn't even notice Ms. Thing in the picture at first. Don't tell her that, wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.

Very pretty hats and socks, I like the slip stitch pattern, it works very well on socks.

21 May, 2007 19:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your beautiful weather! We had rain all last week; at least this week is supposed to be sunny.

Great job with the Dulaan knits! The socks look so darn cute and you know how I feel about the cupcakes :)

What a great friend Dianne is to you! I love the little alpaca!

21 May, 2007 20:07  
Blogger Dianne said...

Great job on the Dulaan project..you inspire me!!
Alpacama..is nicely displayed and I hope you will enjoy your vanilla as much as I always do...I'm always relieved upon getting home to find my clothes aren't 'vanilla scented'..Is that a bad thing?..Happy Knitting My Friend!

21 May, 2007 22:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those knits , you are very kind . I love that the hats are a great shape for Mongolia , kind of traditional. The alpaca is gorgeous , Viva Mexico !

22 May, 2007 01:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Dulaan knits, Marianne. I love that alpaca - a sheared one, yet! (They look so funny and cute after shearing, LOL.) Smooches is looking beautiful. And ohhhh, vanilla... One of the best scents in the world. When I'm making a recipe that uses it, I usually add double the amount called for. Yum.

Btw, you can tell Gracie (belatedly) there's another person out there who cuts her own bangs on the spur of the moment. I chopped mine off tonight because they were past my nose, and I rarely get out to get a 'real' haircut. So see, she's just practicing for being thrifty in future! I don't think she did a bad job at all! And you can tell her mine turned out to be only about 1-1/2" long. [g] Lots shorter than what hers looked like in the pix, even if in my case, it was deliberate.

22 May, 2007 04:34  
Blogger nonizamboni said...

Marianne, I loved reading about your Monday! Your weather sounds lovely and your knitting is awesome. [Is the cupcake pattern available?)
Reading your words put me in such a hopeful and happy mood. Thanks.

22 May, 2007 07:29  
Blogger Dana said...

Hello there. Your Dulaan knitting is so very pretty and I really like the patterns you used (Magic 28 & Cupcake Hats). Dianne is a sweetie and the little alpaca is adorable (Smoochie looks great beside the goodies too).

Night birdsong...wait until Bobby sound asleep and then open the window! When he asks what happened, feign ignorance (works for me once or twice a week). LOL

22 May, 2007 10:17  
Blogger picperfic said...

how did you know that I have tasted my madagascan vanilla extract and got the reaction you described? it is such a delicious flavour and scent...yummy!
You are such a kind lady, all that work, you deserve a big hug for your dedication!
Oh and I heard those birds singing the other night, when i couldn't sleep, guess they are having sleep problems too! xx

23 May, 2007 03:51  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Little Alppie is looking like a impish boy.

Nothing like the real vanilla gotten south of the border. I'm so hording the bottle the kids brought back from their last trip. Vanilla scented soap and lotion are about the only fragrances I use (lavender & vanilla is a soothing combo - found at Bath & Body)

What's with DH not wanting the window open!!! How sad not to waken to the sound of the earliest birds singing, instead of a persistantly mewing cat.

24 May, 2007 00:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home