Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wednesday? or Look Both Ways...



What?!? It's not Saturday? That's right...it's Wednesday, go figure.

I did a little research on the 'thing' found in the fish head..it's called an 'otolith' and the fish was a freshwater drum. Information here.

A few of you wanted to know more about the Peace Fleece and specificly about knitting cables with it. I don't know that it would do well with tiny cables, as in the Clock Vest in the book Folk Vests, (which is something I really want to knit) but I've seen some sweaters knit with Peace Fleece that have larger cables and they look great to me.

I recommend that you go visit Norma's blog and in her sidebar she has a section with 'categories', click on 'sweaters' and read away. She's making the Central Park Hoodie with Peace Fleece and she's also made 'Heather' with Shaba Green Peace Fleece. Read all about it, no kidding, she gives an excellent review of the yarn.

I'm still knitting away on the Magic 28 socks, no photos today....of knitting. I'll check the photos and see if there's anything worth looking at, otherwise.....

Happy Knitting to all and continue to make good time.


12 Comments:

Blogger nonizamboni said...

Thanks for the encouraging messages on my site!
I was glad to also get the url for the Peace Fleece.
That is an adorable cat -- my neighbors upstairs found one just like it deserted on a farm road a few weeks ago. Still trying to get along with the dowager cat they already had. She's a cutie too.

09 May, 2007 17:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitty is quite photogenic!

09 May, 2007 21:37  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Cute kitty, looks like (s)he is a good watchcat.

10 May, 2007 05:41  
Blogger Dana said...

Beautiful cat! (I do love calicos). Thank you very much for the sock comment - - that just made my week. I finished the pair last night and I must admit, those little buggers, knitting socks that is, are addictive.
Hope you're feeling better and Gracie is taking good care of you. XOXOX

10 May, 2007 07:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your kitty!

10 May, 2007 09:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love that cat ...my Treacle was a tortie .You don't see many around , thinking of you between aches and pains .angie and Hols.

10 May, 2007 12:38  
Blogger picperfic said...

I hope it's not Saturday...I shouldn't be here if it is!
Thanks for the info about the peace fleece, Norma has been very helpful. I'm going to google that vest pattern. I wonder how many more socks you have made??

10 May, 2007 16:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to adjust to the fact that you posted not on a Saturday. Yikes. I was a little worried about the time/space continuum for a minute there. Love that kitty. Gotta run and look at noni's nitting...

10 May, 2007 17:05  
Blogger Joanna said...

One gorgeous kitty, dear M x

11 May, 2007 10:55  
Blogger Sarah said...

Great photo choice - does the little beauty have a name?

11 May, 2007 15:34  
Blogger Sarah said...

Well give Smooch a cuddle from me. A few choice words were ecrtainbly uttered at 5am today when my little darling was yowling!

11 May, 2007 15:57  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Your kitty brings back memories of my first very own kitten, a tortishell that I loved with all my little being. Shortly after marriage Ed & I acquired another torti with a face evenly colored right half black, left half orange: Half n Half.

Fascinating about the drum fish earrings! Ed used to catch saltwater drum in the Gulf when he was stationed in LA (eons ago). Said they were good eating.

13 May, 2007 18:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home