Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Full of Woe?........

"Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath Day, Is bonny and blithe and good and gay."

A friend of mine emailed me this birthday calculator link about a month ago, I had a bit of fun with it, checking family birthdays.....and wouldn't you know it...born on a Tuesday...full of woe.

I have to admit, I've never even heard of a "life path' number...oh yeah, and Bobby's LP#? 6.

That 'could' explain a few things...but seriously, if we're not exactly 'compatible' we do usually get along just fine together, there's a very high degree of comfort and acceptance, plus there's that 'other' thing going...we've known each other forever and that's pretty much how it feels. We've got each others back.

Here's what it had to say about my birthday...


12 January 1954Your date of conception was on or about 21 April 1953 which was a Tuesday.
You were born on a Tuesday under the astrological sign Capricorn.
Your Life path number is 5.
Life Path Compatibility:You are most compatible with those with the Life Path numbers 1, 5 & 7.
You should get along well with those with the Life Path numbers 3 & 9.
You may or may not get along well with those with the Life Path number 8.
You are least compatible with those with the Life Path numbers 2, 4, 6, 11 & 22.
The Julian calendar date of your birth is 2434754.5.
The golden number for 1954 is 17.
The epact number for 1954 is 25.
The year 1954 was not a leap year.
Your birthday falls into the Chinese year beginning 2/14/1953 and ending 2/2/1954.
You were born in the Chinese year of the Snake.
Your Native American Zodiac sign is Goose; your plant is Bramble.
You were born in the Egyptian month of Famenoth, the third month of the season of Poret (Emergence - Fertile soil).
Your date of birth on the Hebrew calendar is 8 Shevat 5714. (this would be mine)Or if you were born after sundown then the date is 9 Shevat 5714.
The Mayan Calendar long count date of your birthday is 12.17.0.3.10 which is12 baktun 17 katun 0 tun 3 uinal 10 kin
The Hijra (Islamic Calendar) date of your birth is Tuesday, 7 Jumadiyu'l-Avval 1373 (1373-5-7).
The date of Easter on your birth year was Sunday, 18 April 1954.
The date of Orthodox Easter on your birth year was Sunday, 25 April 1954.
The date of Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent) on your birth year was Wednesday 3 March 1954.
The date of Whitsun (Pentecost Sunday) in the year of your birth was Sunday 6 June 1954.
The date of Whisuntide in the year of your birth was Sunday 13 June 1954.
The date of Rosh Hashanah in the year of your birth was Tuesday, 28 September 1954.
The date of Passover in the year of your birth was Sunday, 18 April 1954.
The date of Mardi Gras on your birth year was Tuesday 2 March 1954.
As of 4/10/2007 9:48:50 AM EDTYou are 53 years old.
You are 639 months old.
You are 2,778 weeks old.
You are 19,446 days old.
You are 466,713 hours old.
You are 28,002,828 minutes old.
You are 1,680,169,730 seconds old.

Celebrities who share your birthday:Andy Lawrence (1988) Melanie Jayne Chisholm (1974) Rob Zombie (1966) Jeff Bezos (1964) Kirstie Alley (1955) Howard Stern (1954) Rush Limbaugh (1951) Joe Frazier (1944) Glenn Yarborough (1930) Ray Price (1926) Luise Rainer (1910) Tex Ritter (1905) Jack London (1876) Charles Perrault (1628)

Top songs of 1954Sh-Boom by Crew-Cuts Little Things Mean a Lot by Kitty Kallen Oh! My Papa by Eddie Fisher Wanted by Perry Como Mr. Sandman by Chordettes Make Love to Me by Jo Stafford Hey There by Rosemary Clooney Secret Love by Doris Day This Ole House by Rosemary Clooney I Need You Now by Eddie Fisher

Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 7.61095890410959 years old. (You old hound dog, you!)

There are 277 days till your next birthdayon which your cake will have 54 candles.
Those 54 candles produce 54 BTUs,or 13,608 calories of heat (that's only 13.6080 food Calories!) .You can boil 6.17 US ounces of water with that many candles.

In 1954 there were approximately 3.6 million births in the US.
In 1954 the US population was approximately 150,697,361 people, 50.7 persons per square mile.
In 1954 in the US there were approximately 1,667,231 marriages (11.1%) and 385,144 divorces (2.6%)
In 1954 in the US there were approximately 1,452,000 deaths (9.6 per 1000)
In the US a new person is born approximately every 8 seconds.
In the US one person dies approximately every 12 seconds.

In 1954 the population of Australia was approximately 9,089,936.
In 1954 there were approximately 202,256 births in Australia.
In 1954 in Australia there were approximately 71,229 marriages and 6,457 divorces
.In 1954 in Australia there were approximately 81,805 deaths.

Your birthstone is Garnet
The Mystical properties of Garnet
Garnet is used as a power stoneSome lists consider these stones to be your birthstone. (Birthstone lists come from Jewelers, Tibet, Ayurvedic Indian medicine, and other sources)
Emerald, Rose Quartz

Your birth tree is
Elm Tree, the noble-mindedness
Pleasant shape, tasteful clothes, modest demands, tends not forgive mistakes, cheerful, likes to lead but not to obey, honest and faithful partner, tends to a know-all-attitude and making decisions for others, noble-minded, generous, good sense of humour, practical.

There are 259 days till Christmas 2007!
There are 272 days till Orthodox Christmas!

The moon's phase on the day you wereborn was in its first quarter.
Anyone care to have a bit of fun with this?

Try it...Birthday Calculator


Knitnight at the library Tuesday night was great, we had a full house...except Fannie Pie...she's out of town and we always miss her when she's not there. I forgot to take my camera, it would've been a great night to catch everyone. No kidding, it was one of the very best, it's a great group.


Wednesday I finally got to my Mom's house, I was thinking I could weed-eat that 'back 40', mercy, again I should've taken the camera, but since I'll be going back soon...Friday maybe...I'll try and remember to take it so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. In 1997 I took over the yard work at my Mom's, the back 40 has always been a bit wild but at that point you could still get back there and make sense of it, seriously, it was beautiful. I kept at it until around 2003 at which time the job I had was taking up more time and energy than I barely had, and although I kept up with the regular part of the yard...the back 40 got wilder and wilder until it completely overwhelmed me. I got there a bit after 10am and had to stop at 2:45 in that what I was doing consisted mostly of hauling huge to humongous tree limbs and putting them in a pile then mowing an area...which revealed the branches hiding out in the weeds. more hauling. more mowing. more hauling...you get the picture. My body started protesting. What I find so strange...and not necessarily to my liking is the fact that just 3 years ago I would've kept on going. I would've stuck it out for a good 8 hours. Sure, I would've felt hammered the next day, a bit, but then ready to have another go at it. Not so much now. I'm learning to pace myself, I'm not in my 40s...hell, 3 years ago I was 50, so no, I'm not 50 anymore. I'm finding there's a limit to what I 'should' do. I could've stayed out there for 8 hours but I'm thinking it would've taken several days to recover, this way I'll be ready to go back on Friday for a few more hours. Eventually....it'll get cleaned up.


I finished the knitting on my first Dulaan hat, I just kind of winged it with the design, a bit of slipped stitchedness going on...to be lined with some fleece, a little tutorial on that over at Norma's, check her sidebar for it. Norma is an amazing woman, some kind of knitting fiend, fast knitter...she's all the time cracking me up too. I've started another hat, Norma's design...the Dulaan Cupcake Hat, it's in the sidebar also...I'm using some bulky Lopi with a strand of vintage chocolate brown mohair...so does that make it a 'marble cupcake'? I'll have photos soon.


Happy Knitting to All, and continue to make.good.time.

PS...the news this evening...the weather? rain on Friday...and for Saturday? rain and slight chance of SNOW!!!!! Granted it won't be much if it even happens....wacky.

8 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

Awwww, I'm glad I stuck to the end of this lonnnnng post. I got sidetracked doing my birthday thingy. That was fun. And then you hit me up with some sweet compliments at the end. Heh.

Mine says I was born on a Saturday -- "works hard for a living." Well, that is true, I guess. :) The rest of the stuff was pretty fascinating, too, and kind of right on, which kind of freaks me out. :)

Yay for the Dulaan hat(s).

11 April, 2007 22:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta try that calendar..you old hounddog you !!

12 April, 2007 02:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That birthday calculator is fun. I found it particularly amusing that my American Indian sign is the beaver ;-) Sorry, I'm just weird.

Can't wait to see your cupcake hat; I just made my first cupcake hat the other night. It's a great pattern, and FAST!

12 April, 2007 05:08  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

That was fun, and I don't know anything about life path numbers either, but it seems that my Bobby and I have numbers that fall into the least compatible catagory also. I know you and your Bobby have been togther for a long time and there were never two people born that are more compatible than me and mine. Our friend George Miller (may he rest in peace) once said that I was the female version of Bob. So I am thinking that something might be a little off with the life number calculations.

12 April, 2007 09:24  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I forgot to say that 5 is a number that I am most compatible with so we will give them credit for that much.

12 April, 2007 09:29  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

That back forty will whip you into shape if you keep hacking at it bit by bit.

Smart to take your time with the back forty. No use to wearing yourself out or getting extremely sore. Slow but steady will get it done.

I'm a 5. :-)

12 April, 2007 11:03  
Blogger picperfic said...

And the child that is born on the Sabbath Day, Is bonny and blithe and good and gay."

that's me....

I've done the name version over on my blog...

Hope your weather improves M, it sounds really a bit blustery there...

14 April, 2007 04:03  
Blogger Kate A. said...

I had to use the birthday calculator, too....I was also born on a Tuesday, and my life path number (5) seems to fit rather well...Hubbsters (9), though, is laughably off in some ways , but at least we're supposed to get along moderately well!

30 April, 2007 18:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home