Friday, March 09, 2007

Dashing by.....

Just a quick little catch up here...the Snickerdoodles Gracie and I made the other day, we made some plain....they were still good. Oh, OOPS, went looking for the cookies photo it seems I didn't get it copied and into my other file...so another day, instead here's the Smooch.....



Gracie....



Gracie showing her ponytail, she loves her ponytail mainly because the girls cannot stand to have hair in her face, at all. Before it got long enough to pull back into a ponytail she kept begging for a buzz-cut like her brother, Conor, has his hair, heh, I would've done it. Hey, it's hair. Hair grows. Ok, if not buzzed then cut really short, short enough to get it out of her face. I'm betting her hair would curl up again. Oh well.

Gracie and I went on an outing yesterday, you see, the lys closest to me is moving, changing it's name even, and right now they've put everything on sale...that's left...50% off, now for the first two weeks of the sale it was 30 or 35% off and you know, since I'm knitting from my stash I couldn't be tempted....but Gracie had never been in a yarn store. Right. I had to take her. Quite a bit of yarn left but WHUMP....oh dear, I fell off the wagon, just a little falling off mind you, we saw this......


Gracie naturally loved it, sure, it's pink. But it's a pretty heathery pink...and it was 2 bucks per ball. I'm thinking a Swallowtail for Gracie....heck, for her it would seem like a full sized (almost) shawl. Whatever was a Grandma to do? We had to bring it home with us, and that was all there was of it too. Back on that wagon! (it's a fine weight, could be considered sock yarn, eh?).

Tomorrow there will be Swallowtail photos...progress photos of both shawls. It will be a dual post.

Until then, Happy Knitting to All and continue to make good time.

14 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Gracie is a sweetie - I have my own girly who hates hair in her face, it can be quite an ordeal. :0)

The pink yarn is lovely, I love the heathery-ness of it!

09 March, 2007 13:31  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Oh my! 50% off AND a granddaughter new to LYSs? That hardly counts as a "thump"!

09 March, 2007 15:01  
Blogger Dianne said...

Gracie is as adorable as she needs to be..and YES, you as a Grams..must introduce her to the finer things in life, ie. LYS..that doesn't count as 'falling off the wagon'..
AND I'm totally in love with Smooch..
Absolutely beautiful!! I'm a huge cat fan..and Smooch just stole my heart~Happy Knitting

09 March, 2007 15:38  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

When you do it for a grandchild, that is allowed. My 16 year old GD is a knitter - I would buy her just about any wool she wanted, but that is a good deal and so pretty! Gracie looks like a little girl who would love a shawl and I can see her waltzing about with it on! Then Grandma, you and she must have tea together and wear your shawls!!

09 March, 2007 15:47  
Blogger Kelly said...

I think you can claim an exemption on that one! I'd say you've got enough for a Swallowtail and then some. It is truly a gorgeous colour. And little Gracie is a cutie too!

09 March, 2007 16:24  
Blogger Joanna said...

beautiful Gracie, smooch and yarn, I think its a good thing you fell off the wagon, it's not indulging yourself so it doesn't really count! Look forward to the swallowtails!

09 March, 2007 17:00  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

You cannot be held accountable for anything that you bought for such a pretty little girl. Gracie's hair looks thick and curly like mine. I can't blame her for loving the ponytail.

09 March, 2007 19:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, that yarn looks sooo soft and scrumptious!

The granddaughter is BEAUTIFUL! How could you NOT buy her some wonderful pink yarn.

09 March, 2007 20:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love your cat , so like my Treacle who was my all time favourite. Gracie must have wonderful days with Granny . I love the yarn too , heather yarns are lovely and look soft and comforting . There is nothing like 50% off , I buy the bulk of mine at that . Our L.Y.S claered out some Donegal Chunky last week ( 50%) off so I might knit Jeff a vest as there was some biscuit and two navy so stripes is the answer.

10 March, 2007 01:58  
Blogger picperfic said...

I just googled snickerdoodles...hmm anything with cinnamon in is a hit with Barry so I think I might have a go at these yummy sounding cookies. How do you keep the weight off Marianne when you make such delicious food? I made a carrot cake yesterday with cream chees frosting, I told Barry it was passion cake as it had pineapple and coconut in it too an dhe won't et vegetabels, I wonder if the carrots will show up when we cut it? oh dear....
Gracie looks a little darling and I'm sure she'll look gorgeous in the Swallowtail shawl. I know you'll find this hard to believe but yesterday, I actually was trying to decide whether to make the swallowtail or the fowerbasket shawl out of my yarn from my colourswap pal. I am sat her in my dressing gown with one of the beaded socks on my foot and one bare! The other sock is in progress.... Happy Saturday! xx

10 March, 2007 03:54  
Blogger picperfic said...

did I read it right, you would have cut Gracie's hair off? Her pony tail looks very pretty :) That yarn is a gorgeous bargain too. I used two sachets of KoolAide out of that parcel yesterday for some machine knit yarn, I needed pink and green in small amounts and so I dyed some cream wool....thankyou x

10 March, 2007 03:58  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh, the Smooch is growing up to be so pretty! What a lovely tortie. I also happen to think that Gracie gets cuter in every picture you post. Hug them both for me, will you?

10 March, 2007 09:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pink heathery stuff. Of course it doesn't count - it has the whole granddaughter, helping out the LYS, and 50% off thing behind it. You had to buy it. I don't see any way around it.
So that Gracie is mighty cute. I think she would be a cutie no matter what she (or you) did to her hair. And Smooch. That animal - what are you going to do when he wakes you up yet another hour early tomorrow? I fear for his safety...such a cute little ...kitty. ;-)
Tomorrow - yikes, pressure's on!

10 March, 2007 11:25  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Aww, what a cute picture of Gracie! Great head of hair on that girl. I still hate having hair in my face, never could understand people whose hair is in their eyes.


What fun to take her to a yarn shop and let her pick out some yarn. Peg is right: a tea party wearing your shawls. :-)

10 March, 2007 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home