Thursday, March 29, 2007

"And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson......"

This is Deidre.. Deidre Dawn... DeiderDawn.. Deiderdaughter...
Daughter of my heart... you get it.
Today is her birthday, her 33rd birthday.
Yes....she IS blowing bubbles.




Happy Birthday, Daughter of my heart.


(Thanksgiving Day)



She is a very brave young woman. She married my oldest son, Aardron, and made babies with him, AND he is still very much alive...heh.... Seriously people, if I had handpicked a woman to join our family I couldn't have done this well.

(Christmas morning....early)




I first met Deidre when she was still in highschool, a teenager! Beautiful, funny, always ready to chip in and help out, she was at our home a lot. She treated me with respect and would look me straight in the eye during our conversations. (those 'other' girls were intimidated by me) Pretty much seemed very natural having her around and my son adored her (yes, he still does). Even if he hadn't....I still would have. She and Aardron met in 1991 and have been hangin' ever since. That's a long time, they were very young so I really find it all quite amazing. They lived together 4 years before making the union official, it was already a union....they were married in '95...had Conor in '97...then Gracie in '03.

(at a family wedding)


I believe souls travel in packs...I do. Deidre has always been just so familiar to me, same goes for her Mom and Grandmother Beth and get this...they believe the same thing...that souls travel in packs, you might would think that was amazing (and/or craziness) but I really don't because I really do believe it. Proof enough for me.


How many DILs out there invite their MILs in for the birthing of their children? Mine did. See? amazing.You just cannot imagine how much that meant to me.
Now see, I'm having a little trouble writing this post because as with my own, from my body, children, there's just so much information, so much in the way of emotions...that my brain just kind of shuts down and I can't get it all expressed. Believe me though, this woman means the world to me, and the rest of the family. We are so very blessed and happy to have her. She's a real and exceptional human being.

(Dropping Gracie off this morning, on her way to work, yes, she DID have to go to work on her birthday!)









A month or so ago, it was still cold here, she was admiring the Calorimetry I made for Gracie and made the comment "You could make me one of those for my birthday"....



Knit with US6 circs, artful yarns shakespeare, 100%wool...I did modify the pattern just a bit, in that on the last row before binding off I K2tog (#7&8 stitches) across, to pull it in just a bit, it hugs the head a bit better that way.


Happy Birthday Deidre, I love you dearly.


Happy Knitting to all and continue to make.good.time.








20 Comments:

Blogger knottykitty said...

Happy Birthday to Diedre, and she is very lucky to have you for a MIL!! :)

29 March, 2007 16:37  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Happy Birthday to Diedre!
I have a DIL that means the world to me and she now lives in your state. The best part of my DIL is the fact she makes my son very, very happy!! What more could a Mom ask for, I say!

29 March, 2007 16:55  
Blogger Charity said...

Happy Birthday Dierdre! It was beautiful, Marianne, to read about what a wonderful blessing your DIL is to you and your family. :0)

29 March, 2007 17:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dierdre!

Marianne, what an incredibly moving post. How lucky you are to have such a special DIL and she is incredibly lucky to have someone as wonderful as you for a MIL!

Your posts about your family are my favorite to read; you obviously have a very close and loving family.

29 March, 2007 17:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's luckier here? Not quite sure. Tell Dierdre to have a happy day and thank her, and thank you. And may I say that Calorimitry ( I can't go back without losing the post- you all know what I'm talking about) is pretty. That blue - like the sky. yum.

29 March, 2007 21:57  
Blogger Dianne said...

Happy Birthday Diedre!! That's a powerful post!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if all MIL's loved their DIL's this much? You two are so fortunate to have such a strong relationship~~
What a beautiful family treasure!!
Happy Knitting~~

29 March, 2007 22:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post, Marianne. Happy Birthday, Deidre! You two are very lucky; congrats. And the Calorimetry looks super-nice, I love that yarn. You finished it, too, yay! [g]

30 March, 2007 00:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A very Happy Birthday" what a lovely post . I hope to have a S.I.L one day who is a soul mate . I understand the souls thing I'd just like to shake off a couple of mine . I love the pictures with Gracie , she really is a pretty lady .

30 March, 2007 01:51  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I hope Deidre had a wonderful birthday. The calorimetry is very pretty. I will remember your tip next time I make one.

30 March, 2007 07:46  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Who's luckier, indeed? So happy for all of you, and I know you're right about those souls and the way they travel. I know quite a bit about that, I think....

30 March, 2007 08:53  
Blogger Joanna said...

happy birthday to Deidre, she's so lucky to have a m i l like you and vice versa, hope my soul is in the same pack!

30 March, 2007 11:34  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sending birthday wishes to Deidre, and admiration of your lovely Calorimetry. I must try out that pattern somtime.

30 March, 2007 11:39  
Blogger Dana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Deidre! I have no doubt that the calirometry will mean as much to Diedre as the blog entry (it was beautifully written, Marianne). You all are blessed in each other and it's wonderful to see the joy and love!

30 March, 2007 13:41  
Blogger picperfic said...

woh...you're so special Marianne, no wonder Diedre loves you! Happy birthday D! xox

30 March, 2007 15:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope she reads this beautiful post!

30 March, 2007 18:44  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Beautiful and moving.

31 March, 2007 10:17  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

happy birthday D, and I think you got a great MIL there. Can I be in the soul pack?

01 April, 2007 10:27  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hope Deidre had a lovely birthday and glad to see the calorimetry made it in time. Great colour.

02 April, 2007 01:12  
Blogger Kate A. said...

I think you did a magnificent job expressing yourself! I know there's always more, but I think I can speak for all the readers in saying we feel like we know you, and Dierdre, and are thankful for it!

Oh - and thanks for the tip about Calorimetry!

02 April, 2007 10:27  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey aardron this is scott coleman,
give me a call when ever you can at
214-994-8918

22 July, 2009 22:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home