Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh, the Red Red Robin goes bob bob bobbin' along........

Actually, the Red Robins have been bobbin' along for quite a while now...

How was your weekend?

Mine wasn't what you'd call quiet, or peaceful, in fact, it got dangerously close to overwhelming but everyone seemed to survive,(barely).

I will say this, Spring is here, a very warm Spring, even for us. The redbud trees are in full glory, same with the Bradford pears, they look to be snow flocked. No, I don't have photos of them but I did see plenty of them over the past couple of days. I have this,






these are in one of my flower beds, does anyone know what they are? The green comes up first, of course, but they start coming out while it's still very cold, then a lovely show of bright and sunny yellow flowers, they'll die completely back when the weather gets warmer, during the summer you'd never know they had been there. I got them through getting another plant from a friend, they kind of hitched a ride in the pot with the other plant, had no idea until the next late winter when they started coming up, the flowers being an amazing treat. They spread. nicely. and the thing is, you don't even realize it's happening.

Treats spreading around and not knowing where they'll turn up next.....it's a bit like this that arrived in the post today....
Look. Can you see that wee bitty teapot? Is that not an amazing little treasure? (you can click on photo for larger view)



This 'little black bag', she's so soft, the skin lotion (makes my hands so soft) and yes, that IS a skein of Tofutsies! I know, not a great photo but let me tell you, the colours? Look back up at the photos of that plant, the green, and the yellow, exactly, now throw in some of those wood hyacinths/grape hyacinths, that blue and you.are.there. We are talking Spring/Summer socks. Dianne sent these to me, just because. She made the bag, felted it, it is so incredibly soft, and I love the colour combination here, she tells me it's the perfect size for carrying a sock WIP, and I believe her (I've also loaded a sock WIP in it so not only do I believe her, I know!)

Dianne, thank you so very much, you are sweet, kind, and thoughtful beyond words. Can I just say.....if we ever get to go on a picnic.........seriously, I'm thinking this lady could pack THE picnic!

See this?



Remember my Mom's birthday? 2 March? Yes, well, I AM behind on the knitted gifts.....the mate to this is ready for the heel turn, but....DIL's birthday is thursday...she's asked for a Calorimetry, just in time for Summer...think I can knit one up in time?



Happy Knitting to all and continue to make.good.time.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kate A. said...

Oooh, your springy pictures make me jealous. It's still cold here, though the weatherman says to expect good things tomorrow...

My mom has the same birthday as yours!

And it IS the cutest little teapot in the world...

26 March, 2007 17:44  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Oooh, tofutsises! I've been curious about those. Lovely gifts all around :)

26 March, 2007 18:05  
Blogger Emma said...

Very pretty flowers. I have piked up Tofutsies so many times at the yarn shop, but I havent managed to purchase any yet. Can I have yours? :)

See you at Knit Nite!

26 March, 2007 19:00  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Love those little flowers. I have heard nothing but good about tofutsises. A Calorimetry - on my list to make for my granddaughters, along with another pair or two of Fetching - they love the ones I made previously, so don't mind making more for them!

26 March, 2007 20:43  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I like those little yellow flowers, I wish I could tell you what they are, I would plant some myself. My tulips have started opening up. I love them so, they are always such a nice surprise every spring.

26 March, 2007 21:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww...the teapot, the bag, the Tofutsies! (Ok, why have I not been enlightened before about a yarn with such a wonderful name? Not that I'm enamored of eating tofu, but oh man, I have got to get some of the yarn for my cybersib Grace! She's a tofu enthusiast. [g] Can you imagine her face? LOL)

Your mom's socks look beautiful - and DIL, well, howsabout a gift card with a promise attached to yarn? Even if it isn't that huge an item, still, sounds like you don't need pressure after the weekend. Hey, my mom would be sewing madly for Christmas, and end up giving half-finished gifts. We sure never complained, since they were wonderful and worth waiting for. And it'd probably only be a delay of a few days anyway, am I right?

26 March, 2007 22:38  
Blogger picperfic said...

oh I'm so pleased that I can tell you the name of those pretty lowers, I think you'll find they are called Celandines, a bit like buttercups. A real sign that spring is here! It's lovely and bright today so far so I'm hoping it might warm up a bit too. I reckon you're probably halfway through a calorimity by now, I saw one plocked out somewhere yesterday and it made a lovely long floaty shawl. You always manage to say happy things, I'm beginning to work you out! Anyway, I want to send you a hug again so brace yourself {{{{Marianne}}}}

27 March, 2007 01:50  
Blogger picperfic said...

plocked is such a good word don't you think?

27 March, 2007 01:51  
Blogger Unknown said...

We don't get spring around here until we have completely forgotten what a flower looks like!

What a nice package of goodies you got; how lucky are you?

I love the sock!

27 March, 2007 12:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Thelma was me logged in under the wrong name! Long story :)

27 March, 2007 12:25  
Blogger Dianne said...

Marianne, I'm so happy your package arrived when needed..I hope you will enjoy each item as I have enjoyed mine..
You've always been so genuinely kind and helpful..to me and other new knitters..it's most appreciated!!
Happy Knitting~~

27 March, 2007 12:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does anyone just wanna say "oh, grandma, what big feet you have!"?

Pretty, though. Love that oceany, sky-ish blue.

27 March, 2007 12:49  
Blogger Joanna said...

Yeah all the better to kick you with Gretch!! Lol, sorry M but she was askin for it!! tee hee

27 March, 2007 14:29  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Summery colored yarns and spring flowers to brighten my rain-drippy, cold-to-the bone day.

I like monicapdx's idea, ease the stress!

Those yellow spreading flowers are the kind I need to plant. :-)

27 March, 2007 22:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous gifts , the tea-pot is adorable. I have no idea what those flowers are , maybe we don't have them here. I love the colours of Mum's sock , very pretty. What will they make yarn out of next ! The Tofu one has shell in it too right? Not being scientific I want to know how ? We have goats here with spider's silk in their milk and why I ask ? I am hoping they'd be able to produce large quantities of spider silk but without huge spiders!

28 March, 2007 03:22  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Ooh....that sock turned out SO PRETTY!!! Your mom will love it. Let me know how the tofutsies seem. I've gone back and forth about whether I want to buy any because I'm just not sure it feels soft enough....but it probably knits up just fine. Can't wait to see what you make!

30 March, 2007 08:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home