Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rebuilding Greensburg, Kansas....block by block...

Just a quick fly by today because there's just not that much going on....

I did want to let everyone in this neck of the woods (blogwoods) know about a project going on, has been going on...I got an email from Faren, who finally got herself a 'blogspot' (yay), she has had a website but you couldn't leave comments....now you can, anyway I decided to just paste a copy of her email, it has all the information...

Hello, Marianne

I was wondering if I could bug you to promote Rebuilding Greensburg: block by block, that Laura of Sugar Bunny Boulevard is organizing. She is tryingto get afghan blocks together for the victums of the Greensburg, KS tornado.

Here is her main post about it: HERE

And I made a small post about it too here: HERE
(Faren also has links to photos)


Thanks so much! Faren


I will be making some squares and sending them off, Laura has gotten an amazing number of squares already but she's not quite at her goal yet, so any of you good folk out there wanting to join in...those squares don't take long to make and it's a good cause.

Thank you!

Happy Knitting to all and continue to make.good.times.

12 Comments:

Blogger Faren said...

Thank you so much for posting about it Marianne. I'm sure Laura appreciates you spreading the word too. Those squares make nice fun little projects, don't they?

12 June, 2007 09:38  
Blogger picperfic said...

see what I mean about you being a kind lady? I'll be knitting and posting but not just yet...soon x

12 June, 2007 13:19  
Blogger Joanna said...

Sems like plenty of time, I think I'm going to try a square, gotta keep it in the family, although your heart is mammoth mines just a little hippo heart!

12 June, 2007 13:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're on my list of things to knit - planning on getting to them by next week. Picperfic is right - you are a kind lady :)

12 June, 2007 14:44  
Blogger Sarah said...

So true, always one for the charity knits, kind lady.

12 June, 2007 16:07  
Blogger nonizamboni said...

You are a sweetie! I'd like to try these squares although I've never knit on the bias. Thanks for this opportunity.

12 June, 2007 19:15  
Blogger Dana said...

I'm in. :) Thank you for letting me know about this opportunity Marianne.

13 June, 2007 09:33  
Blogger Nikki said...

Well, I failed at my last attempt to knit a square. Socks no problem.. but I can't do a square?!? anyways, since there's a pattern I'm trying again!

thanks for posting this!

13 June, 2007 19:25  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I'm in, thanks for letting us know about this opportunity to help.

15 June, 2007 13:03  
Blogger Dianne said...

Count me in..it will be great to help out..

16 June, 2007 09:44  
Blogger Nikki said...

WOO HOO!!! I got 2 squares out of my leftover Manos AND they're both square! :) thanks again for letting us know about this..

24 June, 2007 06:36  
Blogger Laura said...

Aww Marianne!!!! You're such a dear. I know there are tons of people around who have been posting about this on their blogs and I really try to visit a lot of them but I'm kinda busy with a few things if you know what I mean. hehe

Thank you THANK YOU for spreading the word about this project - and to Faren too - isn't she a sweetie? :)

Hope to meet you at the seaming party! Did you contact Rebeccah??

28 June, 2007 15:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home