Sunday, June 03, 2007

Q & A

A few days ago I was reading Glenna's blog and she had volunteered for a meme which was a bit different and turned out to be interesting and she offered it up to anyone who would like to give it go and I thought...ok....so here are the questions she sent me and my answers, such as they are. If anyone out there wants to join in, well, remember...Marianne's Knotminding....so you can either go with these questions or ask me for different ones...


1. What's the knitted item that you are most proud of making, and why?

Hmmmmm, Oh gosh, that's really a tougher question than what you'd think, or at least it is for me. Having knitted things off and on since I was a girl, certainly nothing special when I was a girl, then when the kids were little I made them sweaters that they got to 'design' as far as colours,etc, but that was a long time ago...I had just a few dollars more than a church mouse at the time and could only afford acrylics...then the occasional scarves, hats,...and what, a year and a half ago I started knitting socks and I have to tell you, there have been some beauties but I think I'm going to go with the Swallowtail that is a more recent project...it's the most beautiful thing I think I've knit so far, I do love knitting lace....and seeing the look on Jo Lynn's face when I gave it to her, watching her really look at the yarn and marveling at the colours and form...and she 'got it'...yep. Have I answered the question?

2. Do you have any knitting-related goals?

Oh yeah. For sure. To knit a few EZ patterns, at least 1 Starmore pattern, Elsebeth Lavold certainly has designed patterns I want to knit, just have to decide which ones. I really want to knit the Clock Vest in the Folk Vests book, I have a burning desire for that one.


3. If you were to live somewhere else, where would you choose?

I don't know the name of this place..that it is 'somewhere else' is obvious...a place where there is peace, understanding, compassion, acceptance, love, and respect between and for each other...and the creatures we share this 'somewhere else' place with...I know, I'm terribly idealistic, but I do believe it counts for 'somewhere else' to live and that's where I would choose. NOW...having said all that.....There are many places I would love to visit, long visits....but I don't know about the 'living' bit. Hmm, short term living? Scotland, Ireland, England's countryside, Hawaii, Canada, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, France's countryside,Australia, most of the states in this country (US)... see, that list would go on and on. I could see myself staying in a country for anywhere from a month to a year just tromping around, exploring, experiencing the country and the people who live there. Looking for and finding the fibre and yarn, knitterly and spinning folks.


4. Are there any celebrities you would like to meet, and what would you talk to them about if you did meet?

Well, you didn't state whether the celebrity was alive or not...of a more contemporary I'll go with Kate Hepburn, probably more in her later years, and since she did knit I would love to just hang with her for a day, doing whatever, talking about whatever came up, nothing really too specific...just let the conversation go where it will and I'm thinking it would end up covering a broad range of topics. As far as other celebrities go, yes, there are a few but I'm really a shy person and I have a hard time imagining I could be that comfortable to actually relax and talk about anything to them, never mind specific questions. (remember? INTROVERTED person here)


5. What has been your favourite birthday so far?

Birthdays. Birthdays were all very quiet affairs in my family, a gift or perhaps two at the table at breakfast, Mom, Dad and brother Stephen wishing me Happy Birthday, getting to request a special cake (which would be baked at home), maybe my Grandmother joining us for a simple dinner with BD cake... and never once did I feel I was missing out on anything. One year, I was 30something, I did plan a birthday party for myself, it was fun, friends meeting up at our neighborhood dive with some dancing and food thrown in, that was a great birthday. Nowadays I enjoy a quiet day for my birthday, although I do have to say I like it when friends call to wish me a happy day....really, no favourites, they've all been great.

For a bit of fun....I saw this little thing at Rabbitch's the other day and had a bit of fun with it.

First there was this


Marianne --

[adjective]:

Sexually stunning



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com

Well......so I tried it again, and got this one.....



Marianne --

[noun]:

A dance involving little to no clothing



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com

Heh, are we seeing a little theme going here? So, I tried it again....and got this one. I thought to quit while I was ahead.......



Marianne --

[noun]:

A real life terminator



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Seriously......? Pretty crazy.

Happy Knitting to all and continue making the good times.

17 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Can I come to that place with you, Sweetie? Sounds absolutely perfect. And I agree that the Swallowtail was a stunner...but you've made such lovely stuff, it's a tough choice all right.

03 June, 2007 16:10  
Blogger Dianne said...

Every item that I've seen of your knitting has been perfectly beautiful..but the Swallowtail was definitely a knockout!!..Can we all take a bus to that special place...I want to 'tag along' too..maybe be the chaperone..since I'm older..Happy Knitting!!

03 June, 2007 16:36  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I want to make that Clock Vest too - it's on the list. But I STILL haven't started my Swallowtail Shawl, despite having bought the very very special yarn for it (at least twice over, ahem...) long ago.

Sigh... Put that on the WIP list too...

Now will you stop reminding me of how little I've got done?

03 June, 2007 17:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, special place, make room on the bus for me. Road trip! (Gee, we used to have virtual road trips on the alt.highlander newsgroup... ahh, memories.) Favorite knit - why not a rotating selection? Limiting yourself to one is just...so limiting!

Re the dictionary thing, at least yours are much better than turnips. [g] I mean, really; a vegetable, yet. Oy gevalt.

04 June, 2007 01:05  
Blogger Charity said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

04 June, 2007 01:15  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm like Jo, I love you Swallowtail, and I have two different skeins of lovely yarn destined to be one (but not yet!). :0)

I'd like to come along with you and Ms. K to that place, if I may! Sounds so wonderful...

04 June, 2007 01:16  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Great answers, Marianne! I liked your comments about liking every knitted item, I sympathize. If it helps, I don't think i could pick a single item, either, now that I think about it!

04 June, 2007 06:25  
Blogger Sarah said...

Very interesting answers - you can come stay with me when you make it to England.

Now I have to go visit that dictionary thing - will you terminate people with your dancing and sexually stunningness I wonder?

04 June, 2007 11:42  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think your answers are much better than mine!! My first name returned 'an alien' I thought that was bad until I put in my first and surname and got 'extremely flatulent'!

04 June, 2007 11:46  
Blogger Dana said...

I really enjoyed your Q&A; that was fun to read and very sweet. Your swallowtail was art, by the way, so that was a very good choice as a favorite. XOXO

04 June, 2007 12:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have so many goals Marianne , most involve Kaffe's more complicated designs. I love to hear that Katie Hepburn knitted . Like you I could not imagine meeting a celebrity for long ( as the bookshop had signing sessions I met a few but wasn't there to hassle them .Terry Wogan was the nicest and often the most minor were a pain ). I'd love to meet Henrietta Maria though .In fact as you can guess if I get to Heaven I'll be asking if I can first thing. I hope her English has improved !!

04 June, 2007 13:00  
Blogger Nikki said...

I've been mulling it over and if you want to send me some questions, I'm game. I'll leave it up to you if you send me those or different ones :)

BTW, can I come on the bus to that place with you too?

04 June, 2007 18:38  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I think the Swallowtail was right up there with my favorites of your projects, but you made some socks (around Christmas time I think) with a falling leaves pattern that were just beyond words.

04 June, 2007 21:45  
Blogger Joanna said...

Great post, when I finish catching up with the show and tell, I want to play bag tag...or do the purse meme, and then I might take on these questions, and show you my tattoos too!

05 June, 2007 07:51  
Blogger nonizamboni said...

Loved your answers. Count me in too-- I'd like to answer some of your questions.
A fellow shy person, I never thought I'd be intimidated by a celebrity-ha! I met Daniel Barenboim at a cd signing once and I couldn't say one word. . .I jsut handed him the cd, he signed it, smiled and I left. Amen.

05 June, 2007 08:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gretchen: (noun) a person who falls into an outhouse and dies.

That explains it.

BTW- your beautiful swallowtail is tremendous. I'm glad you recognize it for that. I always liked the Bobby-sox, though...

05 June, 2007 14:48  
Blogger picperfic said...

It's so good to learn more about the people that mean a lot to me, but a life terminator?? Never...I go witht he first two definitions. I might post this meme if I ever find the time!

12 June, 2007 13:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home