Friday, June 01, 2007

Run run run.....

This will be a quick one, and just for fun.

I've been tagged (that random thing), and have actually asked for a tag (get back in your chairs), no kidding, Glenna had a 'meme' and I told her I'd give it a shot and to send me some questions..there are 5 questions....and I'm still working on them, so soon I'll be posting again.



For the past couple of days I've been opening blogs (Robin's just to name one, she who tagged me) and seeing photos of the contents of purses/bags which I find incredibly interesting. Don't you? The reason I find it so interesting is this.....


I usually use the small bag and I carry everything you see there EXCEPT that notebook, on Sundays when I go to market with Mom I take the big bag and everything you see there including the notebook, that notebook has 'the' list...otherwise I'd just bring home fruits, veggies and ice cream...oh yeah, and coffee, maybe tea if I'm running low....yeah, that's it, and for your information the fruits and veggies would be for me, Bobby would live on ice cream if I brought home enough of it, well, that and chocolate pudding. Get this though, physically...he's a little dude. He can eat an enormous amount of food in a day and top it all off with a huge honkin' bowl of pudding or ice cream.....seriously, it's made me cry a couple of times. not.fair.not.fair. and no, he doesn't do 'manual labour'.....not.fair.not.fair.NOT.FAIR.

So, what's in the bag? (click on the photo for better view) that would be mints (Indictmints, hee)(they have Impeachmints which I would love to find but sadly I haven't), pen, keys, little tube of sunblock 30, my handy dandy needle inventory, the little red bag holds the 'big bucks' (yeah, roll your eyes), change, driver's license, and one piece of 'plastic'....that other mint case, well it's empty right now but I carry my tobacco and fire in that, yes, I stuff my own filtered tubes with American Spirit tobacco, they're quite laughable as far as cigarettes go (about 3/4 the size and very loose, not much in them) but there you have it, I don't smoke much, as a rule, and never, ever in a house/home, always outside in the yard or on the porch. It is my nasty little vice.

Did I get it all?

I've been suffering a bit from SSS....yes, on the Jaywalker and the Monkey, hmmm, well come to think of it, I haven't finished the first Monkey sock, so never mind, just the Jaywalker...but I've been making these.....

I've been trying to find the Peaches and Cream #33 Persimmon colour, as far as I know there's only one place in town that carries PaC, the other stores have the SaC and they don't make that kind of colour.....I guess when I want it bad enough I'll order it on-line.

Gretchen and I decided they really could be smaller than what the official pattern calls for....so these are cast on 33 stitches, carry on as usual, get your 7 groups of garter, finish it up, there ya go, they were fast knits before with the OFFICIAL pattern but these babies...you get done with one of these about 15 minutes after you've cast on...ok...I exaggerated, but they're faster than fast.

I will be back soon......

Happy Knitting to all and continue making the good times.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

No-one will ever be allowed to see inside my bag - far too messy!

Yes £10 = slightly more than $20 and I hold all you blog friends mianly responsible for bringing me to the dark side!

01 June, 2007 16:37  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Your purse is so tidy!
It would probably take a couple of shots to photograph mine, I have all sorts of crud. Maybe I should do that again.. (and, errr, tidy it up first ;) )

01 June, 2007 18:00  
Blogger Dianne said...

I will definitely NOT play purse tag after seeing your tidy little purse..I'm embarrassed at mine..and being the neat freak that I am..my purse does not represent me well.
I have a collection of Walmart receipts that date back..before Christ..I'm quite a slacker on getting rid of stuff.
Happy Knitting and a good weekend to you!!

01 June, 2007 20:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make my warshcloths with 33 stitches too. They are the perfect size.

As for my purse contents --- too boring! A wallet, some floss, and my sunglasses. That's it.

01 June, 2007 21:30  
Blogger Nikki said...

I love looking in people's purses! It's sorta like going to someone's house for the first time ya know? and looking around at all their stuff...

What color is persimmon? I'll be glad to look (I have a ginormous bag of cotton) to see if I have any...

01 June, 2007 21:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the others your bag is fantasic ...mine has ancient recepts , chewing gum , fluff ( my collection) coins ( loose) and thousands of old shopping lists . Holly clears it out now and again as I knit and think what a waste of time it would be . In the end though it saves hours of trying to find my debit card somewhere in there !

02 June, 2007 00:42  
Blogger Joanna said...

I like this look in my bag purse tag game, mebbe later! Keith can eat for England, a whole tub of ice cream while I just watch and sigh, I don't like ice cream really anyhow..too cold! See knitting he two socks together, my photo is comin soon means no sss!!

02 June, 2007 02:51  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for playing Marianne! Your purse is so....NEAT!

02 June, 2007 07:23  
Blogger picperfic said...

like I've got time to keep writing my replies over!!! Blogger buggs me at times!

I can't remember what I wrote!

have a good week and I'll write more if I get time later xx

02 June, 2007 08:03  
Blogger Charity said...

I just bought myself a purse at a garage sale a few weeks ago... the first time I've used one in years! I still resent it slightly, but it does come in handy.

I love all your dishcloths - so happy! :0)

02 June, 2007 10:20  
Blogger picperfic said...

ok....I'm all packed and calm! Honest! Anyway, I couldn't go off without leaving a porper comment.
I love your stripey bag and your tidy things you put in it. I knew you were a puffer, don't remember how I knew. My Mum, when asked where Laurie was, replied, 'he's in the garden blowing off!'
Hope I get as bonkers as she is, I'm working on it!

Neither I nor Barry can eat all we would like, we love to cook and eat and are both destined to be little puddings!

What a great idea for the ittie bittie dishcloths, I'm taking some S&C with me on my hols, it's well travelled that yarn!

have a hug oxo

02 June, 2007 14:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice work with the mini-dishcloths. I'm going to have to try that with mine when I get to the ends of the balls.

02 June, 2007 22:31  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

You wouldn't really learn anything about me by looking inside my purse. Sunglasses, keys, pen, wallet, cell phone. Pretty boring.

The other day I left my knitting bag, which looks like a purse, in the frontseat of the car when I went into the store. I thought at the time, if someone steals that because they think it is a purse they will be disappointed. After I thought about it a little more I decided that if someone was going to steal something I would rather they stole my purse. I could get a new drivers license faster than I could re-knit those sweatheart shorts.

02 June, 2007 23:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home