Thursday, June 07, 2007

Happy Birthday, Angie!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGIE!!!


(I know the date up there reads Thursday but I'm needing to write this out tonight and post it because Angie lives across that big pond and I want her to see this when she gets up in the morning, tomorrow is her birthday...8 June....)

I didn't start reading a lot of blogs until about a year ago, (always late to the party) but I noticed Angie's comments left at various blogs....and I thought...who IS this woman...then I found her blog and started reading.

Angie, what an angel...so bright, intelligent, witty, funny, sensitive, and so very kind hearted. She's a wonderfully loving woman, wife and Mum. She has such a broad range of interests but she has a passion for history, and...ahem,.. Roo...among other things....and, oh yeah, the knitting, at which she's quite the artist. She's made some incredible FI sweaters...and goodness knows what all else she's accomplished but mostly, while I've known her, she's been knitting shawls. Nor are they any ordinary shawls either....her stash is her palette, picking and choosing just the right colours, textures and combining together to make her masterpieces...

Angie, sending you birthday wishes, hope today is the greatest and wishing you many many more happy and love filled days. (flowers...for you) These are from my garden...





I'm on 'plant watering' duty for a dear friend, and these next few photos are from her patio garden, taken today....she was born and raised in the UK and talk about a very green thumb! This is just a small corner...






All you fine knitterly folks, please go wish Angie a happy birthday...

***************THIS JUST IN.......and it is a 'must see'! Knit-night cupcakes. Go...now....you won't regret it. ***************

Happy knitting to all and continue making good times.

13 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Done! Aren't we blessed to know her - Angie's awesome! :0)

07 June, 2007 23:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing all the flower photos. they are beautiful!

08 June, 2007 01:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man - what gorgeous flowers, Marianne!! Booful! Dang, I wish I didn't kill plants... Thanks for showing the bouquet! And happy birthday, Angie - sorry, I'm about to go to bed here, and I'm too wonky to travel. So I'm, er, waving across the distance, so to speak. [g]

08 June, 2007 05:48  
Blogger Joanna said...

Been over to wish Angie a happy birthday, happy friday to you Marianne!

08 June, 2007 07:48  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful birthday bouquet!

08 June, 2007 07:55  
Blogger Glenna C said...

OH, those cupcakes! MMMMMM....I must know how they are made! I'll go check it out...

08 June, 2007 09:28  
Blogger Dana said...

Happy Birthday Angie! (I'll be heading to her blog in a moment, but I wanted to place a birthday wish here). Your photos are beautiful Marianne and the cupcake link was unbelievable. Damn...now y'all are going to force me to force myself to bake and garden too (as if socks weren't enough). LOLOL Have a great weekend sweetie!

08 June, 2007 09:46  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Hi, long time since I visited. If I did come for a visit, would you decorate those fabulous cupcakes for me? I just cannot imagine how many hours each cupcake took, and to think that in seconds the work would be eaten!
Love the flowers!
I wished Angie a good one!

08 June, 2007 11:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hat can I say Marianne ? Sending you kisses . I see a clever use of a little tricycle .I use Holly's old doll's pram to wheel my tools up the path . I'd love to have one of those 1950's prams , built like a Ford model T .

08 June, 2007 11:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should read "What" ...not gone crazy with excitement yet !

08 June, 2007 11:50  
Blogger Lila Rostenberg said...

I'm your neighbor in northwest Arkansas!
Lovely garden photos!
I also like your blue knitting projects!
I am knitting some with sock yarn which is varigated for a fair isle effect. I like EASY!

11 June, 2007 22:34  
Blogger picperfic said...

my those cupcakes look so beautiful...all that time making them and then, whoosh...and yum!! You are such a lovely kind lady M, I have gone and wished A a happy birthday but do you know when my birthday is? Those flowers, the photos! I bet it is a pleasure to water those loved plants for your friend too...I quite like to water a garden, it's sort of meditative :^)

12 June, 2007 13:14  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Hear, hear! That Ang is one of the dearest ladies I know. So glad she came into the world.

12 June, 2007 21:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home