Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sis!



Happy Birthday Ms. K!


Yes, today is Ms. K's birthday and I'm pretty sure most of my readers know who she is, and if you don't? please, by all means, go introduce yourself and wish her a happy birthday.

I hardly know where to begin....she is so very dear to me, I will tell you this though, she is my soul sister. Since we 'met' there hasn't been a day go by that we've not emailed each other...(OK, I take that back, remember when they had those high winds and their power was out? yep. it was every other day during that time) we began our emails in... August last year...that's an enormous amount of emailing, sharing of our lives, past, present, future.

She is an exceptional human being. Brilliant, we are talking s.m.a.r.t! Funny....begging for mercy kind of funny. Sweet and so very kindhearted. I'm also delighted and so very proud to say she is a great COB (Crusty Old Bitch) when the occasion arises (and it has).

I could go on and on....but I know you folks out there who read her blog know.....already...all the wonderful things that make up her Being.


I'll tell you this...
We both love elephants. I had seen a documentary on some elephants that had been rescued and were living in a sanctuary...but the two that really grabbed my heart, Jenny and Shirley...they had known each other when they were just 'youngsters', well, actually one was very young, the other several years older and took to taking care of the younger one... and due to human 'intervention' (I have my own word for this and it's 'X' rated) had been separated for years and years, I can't remember exactly how..but I believe (and I may have the names mixed up, sorry if I do) Shirley lived in the sanctuary already and they brought Jenny in one night...late...and put her in a holding pen for the rest of the night. The other one came in at some point after that...but what they found in the morning...Jenny and Shirley had found each other and in trying to get as close as they could to one another they had bent the bars on the gate separating the two areas. Seriously. They had bent the bars. Those were not small bars. Those were meant to be elephant proof bars. They BENT the bars. They (the humans) had to really work at getting those bars unbent enough to even open the gate. I remember watching that, and although it had been the second time I'd seen this, I sat there...with emotions welling up in my being, tears streaming down my face, because on a very deep level I understood. Bending the bars. Soul to Soul. Yep.

Flowers and games?













Ms. K's Birthdate.....June 17th.....
Ms.K's Birthdate: June 17

You tend to find yourself lucky - both in business and in life.
And while being wealthy is nice, you enjoy sharing your abundance with others.
You put your luck to good use: you are very ambitious and goal oriented.
Often times, you get over excited and take on more than you can manage.

Your strength: Your ability to make your own luck

Your weakness: Thinking you can do it all

Your power color: Bronze

Your power symbol: Half Moon

Your power month: August



I typed in 'Florence' for this one.....

Your 1920's Name is:

Isabella George


And this one is mine....
Your 1920's Name is:

Zella Georgette



You Are A Lily

You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.
People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.
You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.
Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.
She really is a Lily, isn't she........







Happy knitting to all and continue to make.good.time.

13 Comments:

Blogger Faren said...

This is such a wonderful, sweet post.
I'll make sure to go wish her a happy birthday!

17 June, 2007 11:00  
Blogger Charity said...

Very nice, Marianne - I've already been over to say happy birthday to our favourite miss! :0)

17 June, 2007 11:02  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for sending me on by, some lovely thoughts for the day.

17 June, 2007 12:58  
Blogger Joanna said...

Soul sister, I just can't help singing Lady Marmalade whilst reading those words....and isn't the flower so apt aswell, mind you she kept her birthday pretty quiet, must be her age, Happy Birthday dear....Florence....happy birthday to you!

17 June, 2007 13:30  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Reading through tears here...you know, I have to say that I'm the lucky one here. Finally found my sister after all these years. And I'll keep bending the bars to get to you.

Love you, Sis.
Ms. K

17 June, 2007 14:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Elephants , you just have to watch a group of them struggle to pull a little one who had fallen into a mud hole out and you know they are special . They are such beautiful souls , they make me feel humble . Popped over to wish much happiness to Ms. K. and it was a great honour.

17 June, 2007 16:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, Marianne! I came here straight from Flo's. She is such a honey. I'm so glad I got to know both you and her! (And I love the 20's names for you both!) ::hugs::

17 June, 2007 18:18  
Blogger Kit said...

Heeeyyy, that's the Yarn Barn!

I'm glad to know both of you, you're both awesome people. :)

17 June, 2007 19:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post; a very sweet way to say Happy Birthday!

17 June, 2007 20:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one great picture! It captures her quite well. I'll give her a hug from you tomorrow when I see her.

17 June, 2007 23:32  
Blogger Dana said...

That was a lovely tribute to Ms. K! You are pure sweetness & light Marianne. :)

20 June, 2007 07:36  
Blogger Hege said...

I love that documentary, too. Both my husband and I were crying. Do you ever check out their Elecam?
You are such a sweet sister! Best wishes to both of you :)

21 June, 2007 15:37  
Blogger picperfic said...

isn't it lovely when you find someone special....you're a special woman M x

22 June, 2007 16:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home