Monday, July 02, 2007

Another week gone by?!?

Oh dear...it's been another week gone by...

We've had so much rain here, a bit of rain every single day, from the several hours of showers to the 1-2 hours of serious toad stranglers...the yards are saturated...no mowing...and the forecast is more of the same for the rest of the week...this has been going on for a month now, ...sigh. How I'd love to see some dry weather blow in, with nice dry breezes...clear all this out for a while, it's very warm and very humid.

The news on the house...inspections went well except they refused to go under the house, there's a crawl space and it needs inspecting under there but due to all the rain...there's just a bit of standing water just inside the crawl space door. Bobby, being the 'chomping at the bit' kind of man that he is, went under there himself, you see it was going to be a major deciding point, if there had been standing water under the whole house...well, it wasn't going to be our home, simple as that. Fortunately that wasn't the case. The inspectors, however, still haven't gone under...hopefully we'll have more on that at some point soon.

I have garden phlox blooming like crazy...I even had one little gorgeous red-orange nasturtium bloom but I didn't get her photo...there will be more, right? Both flowers smell so divine.


Knitting? I'm knitting a pair of mansocks for my friend Ray (he's the one responsible for the 'COB' title)....no, don't have a photo of them, well, the first one is complete and I have the second one on the needles...when I finish them I'll take photos...

That's it, it's been busy around here, but I can't think of much else to write about....so, get back to your knitting...heh....


Happy Knitting to all and continue making good times.

15 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Have you grown "duck feet" yet? We really need the rain!

02 July, 2007 13:26  
Blogger picperfic said...

it's rain, dull, rain, cold, rain, dull...horrid here! Let's see some sunshine please! I laughed at Bobby crawling under the house, I know someone else that might do just the same....they've just got to say it will be ok!

02 July, 2007 13:41  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

You know a couple of weeks ago I was still tolerating the rain because it has kept the "Oklahoma summertime" temperatures under control. But now I just don't care, let it get hot, let it get 150 degrees just as long as it quits freaking raining!

02 July, 2007 15:10  
Blogger Sarah said...

All right I'm off then! Glad things are progressing with the house.

02 July, 2007 15:27  
Blogger Kit said...

I love the phlox, how pretty!

The rain can move on now. I'm tired of it.

02 July, 2007 15:53  
Blogger Charity said...

So good to hear things are moving along with the house - too exciting! :0)

02 July, 2007 16:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get some sunshine soon! I hate gloomy, rainy days; especially so many of them as you've had!

02 July, 2007 16:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your flowers! I have had preciousl little time to try and do any gardening lately.

02 July, 2007 17:22  
Blogger Nikki said...

I hope y'all dry out soon!!

02 July, 2007 20:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you too ! It has rained and rained but I quite like it except for the humidity . I am glad the house is still looking good let's hope those inspectors get underneath. Do houses with crawling spaces get critters move in ?

03 July, 2007 01:20  
Blogger Joanna said...

Rain rain go away! Actually it's dry right now, do you eat your nasturtions, I can't remember if its the flowers or the leaves, that are edible. Another week, pah!

03 July, 2007 14:53  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Ya'll need a little sunshine beaming down on your corner of the world!

Nasturtiums flowers have a nice peppery taste, an addition of pizzaz to a green salad. :-)

03 July, 2007 20:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geesh, those inspectors... What, they're waiting for perfect weather? They'd have a problem out here!

Lovely, lovely flowers. And I'd gladly take your rain. Shove some of it back on west, willya? Thanks. ;)

05 July, 2007 03:51  
Blogger Dana said...

Pretty, pretty blooms and I'm looking forward to seeing your socks when they're finished. Good luck with the house (7/26 quickly approaches and I'm thinking of you!) XOXO

06 July, 2007 08:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach, it seems like it's raining everywhere these days. I'm hoping for more soon to prevent a heat wave but we probably won't be so lucky.

Thanks for the comments on the pics. Wow, it's been a great trip and there's plenty of stuff still to sift through.

06 July, 2007 12:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home