Saturday, July 21, 2007

Life is Grand...even if my head is threatening to explode...

(Datura)

Just another fly by...I am earnestly packing over here. Although we don't have to empty the house 100% I figure everything that gets packed and moved..via a moving company..NEXT FRIDAY...is just that much less I have to move later myself,eh? Dudes, for such a little place there sure is a lot of stuff being packed.
(brightness amongst the faded)

I started with the stash. Packed and packed, thought I had it all, it's laughable where I'm finding little pockets of stash here and there...makes you wander about those skeins, do they go skipping through the house at night? playing hide and seek? I certainly don't recall putting that yarn there..... Of course, panic set in....I did keep a couple of WIPs out...just in case, but now I'm laughing at myself, as if I'll have time for knitting...not. But still the panic...so I threw some balls of cotton 'warshrag' yarn into 'the basket' that will remain unpacked throughout the whole moving..just in case...they're great stress busters.
(this baby is 8 inches across)

I know I've not been the most frequent blogger around but I do try...to do my best...but from here on out, probably a couple of weeks I doubt seriously I'll have much time to spend on the pc...as in posting to my blog.

I will, however, try and stay current in reading your posts, and I'll do my best to leave comments... just bear with me, it's not just one household I'm going to be moving in the next month or two.
(a touch of blue)

Conor and Gracie were here Thursday and I had picked up an already roasted chicken at the market Wednesday evening and needed to make some chicken salad with the leftovers...Gracie wanted to help. I got the big bowl out, cut the chicken up, tossed that in the bowl while listening to her go on and on how she hates chicken...ok...next I got out the green onions, chopped them up and put them in a little bowl (she loves emptying the little bowl-fuls into the big bowl) and listening to her go on and on about how she hates onions...ok. Next I got the grapes out, oh, she LOVES grapes...I chopped them up, putting them in the little bowl for her to dump in with the chicken and onions...next came the walnuts..'ewwww, I hate walnuts'...yep, apparently she doesn't like most of the ingredients going into the chicken salad. I got the mayo out...again with the 'ewwww'...(I'd like to add here that if the salad were to be for me only I'd be dicing up some celery, but sadly...) so I did some tossing and a bit of stirring...Gracie sticks her nose in the bowl and smells...'MMMMM, that smells GOOD!'...'can I have a taste?', heh. Sure..so I made certain that her little biteful had a bit of everything...she got it in her mouth...her eyes lit up.....she chewed and swallowed...and with a huge smile announced to the world that she loved my chicken salad and could she please have some more?

Ain't life grand?
(moonflower vine, can you see the little buds?)

Happy Knitting to all and continue making good times.

15 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

My mouth waters!! I love good chicken salad..and your's sounds divine, as deemed by Gracie the new chicken salad lover...amazing at how all the 'eewwws' became 'ah's'..eh?..
Hugs as you pack..knowing how you're going to love your new home..Wish I were there to help you 'destash'..lmso!~

21 July, 2007 12:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stash takes priority for sure !!I hope Gracie will like your new house .Thinking of you and wishing you well.angie ,Jeff and Holly xxx

21 July, 2007 13:04  
Blogger Hege said...

Good luck with the packing. I say get it all for the movers, you don't want to be ferrying anything yourself in the middle of the summer, it's just not worth it! (last time we did the "small stuff" ourselves, we wore ourselves out) Sounds like a very yummy salad, I love chicken salad with grapes and nuts :)

21 July, 2007 20:55  
Blogger picperfic said...

How funny these little people are, I love the way you told that story about Gracie. Good luck wiht all the packing, stay cool and try and knit a warshrag or two for your own peace of mind....love that enormous pink flower, is it an Hibiscus?

22 July, 2007 05:30  
Blogger Sarah said...

Where does all the stuff hide eh - when you get it all out eek!

Hope the move goes as well as possible.

Sending calming thoughts :)

22 July, 2007 06:25  
Blogger Nikki said...

LOVE the flower pictures! :)

good luck with the packing and how cute of Gracie! the salad does sound most yummy...

hugs

22 July, 2007 09:58  
Blogger Faren said...

Sending you good packing vibes! Try not to wear yourself out!

22 July, 2007 12:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum, that chicken salad sounds absolutely heavenly! i love your flower pictures. i think that you will be finding stash pockets for quite some time to come if you are anything like me!

22 July, 2007 14:22  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Yup, the Gracie story sure sounds familiar! LOL!

I hope the moving goes as smoothly as possible...I'll be thinking of you (and mostly counting my blessings that we aren't moving again...at least not yet)!

23 July, 2007 11:23  
Blogger nonizamboni said...

Hey! Chicken salad and washrags, it doesn't get much better than that. Good luck with all the work and watch out for those hidden stashes, they're like rabbits.
I have a Moonflower and the same little blue flowers too but haven't found buds yet. . .we're a ways north.
Take good care!

23 July, 2007 16:41  
Blogger Dana said...

That's was a great Gracie story! (I laughed out loud). Good luck with your packing, settlement, the move, and all of it. I'm sending warm thoughts and good vibes too!

24 July, 2007 07:51  
Blogger Joanna said...

Hey look a title, hope your head is hanging in there, I'm not a salad girl but you know I don't eat any greens because I'm artistic! So excited about the new house, don't forget to send me the address! xxx

24 July, 2007 16:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You chicken salad does sound YUMMY! Gracie just knows that those ingredients are best all mixed together.

Good luck with the packing; I sure don't envy you. I can't imagine how long it'd take me to pack up all my junk! Just the thought of it is making me tired.

25 July, 2007 09:27  
Blogger Dana said...

"Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love you, tomorrow! You're only a day away!" (sings Marianne to her new house).

- - - -

Good luck w/settlement sweetie! :)

25 July, 2007 12:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move.

Mmmmmm...your chicken salad sounds wonderful. Even Gracie approved.

25 July, 2007 16:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home