Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yet another FO

Yep, the Fuzzy Feet I saw over at Kate's a while back, they look a bit wonky in the photo but they are indeed both the same size, I needle felted the green on there.....and really I'm thinking I should've done a simple embroidery stitch and then felted them...live and learn...



I'm a bit ditzy in the brain, when I made that last post I meant to direct you to Kate's site,(yes, same link as above) please go there, read, then perhaps if you would like to get yourselves some of those soy candles just keep following the links. We are all in this together, and honestly, wouldn't you rather do a bit of holiday shopping and at the same time support the independent craftsperson?

Keep on a-knittin' and continue to make good time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate A. said...

Cool fuzzy feet! I love the green...it looks great. Do you just mean that it was a pain in the @#$ to needle-felt? Even though I bought a needle-felting kit several years ago, I confess I've done almost nothing with it, because the first time I tried to experiment with it it took forever and I got bored. :-( The problem, or sometimes advantage, of embroidering first and felting later is that you can never know exactly how it'll turn out...I kind of like the suspense, though, so I think I might try it with the next pair of fuzzy feet...

06 December, 2006 19:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to try needle-felting .I have seen some gorgeous things but I am too busy at the moment. I need to felt some bobbles today but I'll tear up some Point-five roll it in my palms then dunk it back and forth in cold then hot water. They are for the ends of my shawl.

07 December, 2006 01:24  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Dudette--I LOVE the slippers! I know you wish you'd pre-embroidered them, but I can't imagine them looking any cooler than they do. Honest.

07 December, 2006 08:55  
Blogger Charity said...

Oh, I like the needle felting! I think it's very nicely done. :0) Off to check out Kate, now!

07 December, 2006 15:05  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Kate's site is so much fun! Thanks for the link, Marianne. And how do YOU find the time for all these things? I have the dreadful feeling that Christmas is just going to surprise me one morning when I'm not the least bit ready...

Love
Jo
http://celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com

07 December, 2006 16:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home