Monday, December 04, 2006

Two FOs



Just a quickie....finally finished Shedir....fiddly little knit that it is I did enjoy watching the pattern coming along...not that crazy about the Calmer, would possibly consider making the woman another one, perhaps using KnitPicks Shine, which is machine washable and therefore more ease in the care...(Calmer of course requiring handwash and lay flat to dry)...I'm sure she could use more than one hat, maybe after the holidays.....also, go check out Jo's Shedir, you might need to scroll down, Jo is doing a post a day for the month of December, brave young woman that she is, her son, Neo is wearing the hat, he's such a beautiful boy. Yes, go look, I'm not going anywhere.....

The other is the beret out of IK Winter 06 issue, and I used Paton Classic Merino Rich Red, this is a really nice beret, quite easy to knit up, and no, it's not all poufy like it looks, I found those styrofoam heads today to use in showing the hats I make, they're somewhat pin-headed, and of course no hair which is great for Shedir but not so much for anything else....I've stuffed the beret with a bit of plastic bags to keep it up on the 'head'. Otherwise, this is how it looks on the 'head'. funny.



Peg has been making these, and she's added flowers to hers, they're really quite beautiful, she inspired me.

Please take a few minutes to go see possibly the prettiest baby ever here, yeah, scroll down, enjoy the snow photos, oh yeah, look at that baby Faith.

Ms. K has kept me in tears and laughter with her posts, from holiday lists for him, and her, to mopping her kitchen hardwood floor with chocolate truffle, yes, you read that right.....not to mention the need for extra bejeebers to get her through this holiday season.

Angie's lovely Daughter, Holly, just celebrated a birthday yesterday, she is such a beautiful and accomplished young woman, her little holiday mousie has me completely charmed, and enchanted.

That lovely crazy knitting lady finished her Fair Isle sweater, it is absolutely stunning.



Until next time, happy knitting to all and continue to make good time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Oooh, pretty hats! I love them both. You're so awesome.

04 December, 2006 20:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gorgeous...Holly will have me under orders to make her a red beret ! I used to make a lot of hats so must get back to them .

05 December, 2006 01:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept checking for Shedir yesterday, lovely to see it and the raspberry beret too! Have found a blog especially for hat knitters to show will send you the link later!

05 December, 2006 06:23  
Blogger Faren said...

I love the hats, Shedir specially seems to be calling me. Beautiful.

05 December, 2006 09:07  
Blogger Charity said...

The finished hats are so pretty and cozy looking! I've been admiring Peg's as well, and really need to cast on for one for my oldest daughter. :0)

05 December, 2006 12:19  
Blogger Kate A. said...

Ooh! I love that beret, too! How did I miss that pattern in IK? Must be that your picture is just better styled...because now I can't take my eyes off it! Thanks for all the cool links, too...fun!

05 December, 2006 13:43  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh, so PRETTY!!! I can't decide which one I like best...although we know I'm a big cable whore, so it's probably the Shedir. Girl, you make a mean hat.

05 December, 2006 18:56  
Blogger Dana said...

Amazing hats...they're just lovely! (And yes, Miss Faith is gorgeous too!)

06 December, 2006 10:05  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Nice beret! I finished another last evening, but I have the pattern for Shedir and I just have to give it a try!

07 December, 2006 12:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home