Friday, November 24, 2006

Comfort Package...just in the nick of time.....

As you all know, yesterday here in the US was Thanksgiving day.....I do have a tremendous lot to be thankful for, the love of my husband, family, and friends.
Today? I'm very tired. We have the dinner at our house and it takes from the weekend before through Thanksgiving day to prepare and then enjoy the feast, then of course there's the cleaning up and putting everything back where it was.....so yes, today has been a very quiet day here, I've spent a bit of time 'puddle-jumping' through blogland but it's been pretty quiet out there also...have been up to a bit of knitting, of course.

So......I first heard the neighborhood dogs barking, always a sign of the mailman, I heard him out there dropping mail into the box but...what was that? Something more....yes indeed.

Check it out! (you can click on the photo for larger view)



My secret comfort pal is Faren, who surprisingly enough, lives just maybe 200 miles north of me, in Kansas! Talk about close!
So.....the yarn is some truly beautiful Hello Yarn, hand-dyed sock yarn, colourway Flame, oh, it's soft, the colours are...well, like flames! There's even a little button/pin with their logo , they also enclose a sock pattern, called 'simple sock', it has the sweetest picot edge on the cuff. Faren also handmade a few of the gifties, and these are her first attempts at these particular items, and Faren, you did a fabulous job of it, the straw knotwork (I love this), 6 little stitchmarkers and a box for their storage, I really love these! Some of the best smelling soap ever called Kansas Milkmaid's authentic handcrafted milk soap Lavender Calendula, some seriously heavenly smelling soap. They have a friend who is a bee-keeper, and from the beeswax...Tuckerbees hand moisturizing bar and lip balm, this couldn't come at a better time, believe me, with all the washing up yesterday, my hands are loving the bar and my lips couldn't be happier. She also sent a Garlic-Veggie Dip mix and a Spinach Dip mix, mmmmmmmmmmm, is it wrong for me to be glad that it didn't come before the holiday? If so,........oh well. I'm looking forward to mixing it up and enjoying it. Can you see those rocks? Well, the darker one is one from western Kansas, it's a fossil rock and the other one...now, they're both beauties, for sure, but the smaller one, just took my breath away, the colours are wonderful and, get this, this is what she wrote "I found it in a median waiting for my tour bus to load onto the ferry to go from Venice to the mainland." Now, how cool is that! And now it lives, in all places, Tulsa, Oklahoma... I love these rocks.....Thank You Faren! You are most kind.

Happy Knitting to all and please, continue to make good time.


8 Comments:

Blogger Faren said...

I'm so glad you like everything! It is always a relief to find out I figured out my swap partner, what they would want, and they like what I made/sent. And I almost hate to say this, but the knotwork you mentioned...I had it tied around the soap, it must have slipped off. It does look pretty cool though, I can see an abstract head and body, it is neat how art can appear anywhere.
Let me know if the stitch markers fall apart or anything, I want to correct my mistakes and make things to last. I had so much fun!

24 November, 2006 20:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a lovely parcel of goodies. To think you guys have to do this stuff all over for Christmas .Those Pilgrim Fathers could have celebrated say April ? This shows I am not sure why Thanks-giving is when it is ..possibly because until Winter set in the Natives didn't need to rescue them with food? I have serious doubts about the "thanks" that continued later ! There you go all our fault for all that religious persecution I guess .

25 November, 2006 01:30  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

What a thought swapper. I especially like the rocks.

25 November, 2006 08:35  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh, I so can't wait to see the flame socks! And I'm with you on not having the share the dip. The stitch markers are so pretty, and the rocks are awesome...Faren, ya done good!

25 November, 2006 09:58  
Blogger Charity said...

Great swap package! It's so neat that you live so close to one another. :0)

25 November, 2006 11:14  
Blogger Faren said...

Thanks guys! I tried to figure out what she would like. I must admit that we are close enough that for one second (just one!)I thought about driving down to met her(wouldn't that be fun?) and then thought better of it. Way to crazy stalkerish!

26 November, 2006 10:17  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

A wonderful package full of goodies waiting on a day when one is need of some cheer.

Hope you're feeling better and have fully recovered from the huge feast. The Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving at the right time - early October!

28 November, 2006 00:02  
Blogger Glenna C said...

YUM! That package looks great, and wow, that red yarn...So much good stuff.

28 November, 2006 14:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home