Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A bit of this and that...

It was a huge disappointment for me this morning opening the daily paper, the state I live in voted 4 out of 5 Republicans for the U.S. House, sheesh, double and triple sheesh. Unbelievable, what on earth were they thinking?

So enough of the totally weird news.

YAY!!!!! I received a link to some photos of the Beautifully huge green felted bag and matching, only as in same yarn (not felted) hat the other day, please, oh please, go see these here, hopefully that will get you 'there' and you can click on any of the photos and get a much larger view, they are so worth the look see and extra click. Misty is a beauty, and sweet, right along the lines of honey sweet. Go on, I'll wait.......

Something else you really should take a few minutes and see, Katariina has been completed, and Lene has done such a stunning knit of it, honestly, she, Katariina, will take your breath away! It's her Sunday, Nov.5, post.

Here's another tree, lives across the road going a different way, there's actually 2 trees here.




The autumnal colours are reallly coming out now, well actually for the past week or so. My SIL and I drove to Haskell, OK on saturday, to visit the Lavender Farm and also Stone Bluff, it was a great little drive and I found quite a few goodies to stash away for gifties, also sending some of them along to my secret buddy, heh. Hope she likes them, honestly, is there *anyone* out there who doesn't like/love the smell of lavender? (Besides my DH, he thinks it smells like something rotten, seriously) Anyway, I would love to hear if someone else doesn't like the smell.....

This will be a quick post, plenty to do and plenty to try and get accomplished today, I have a pot of Anasazi beans on for dinner tonight, looking forward to that.

And now this, for what it's worth.....

47 Things About Me

1. FIRST NAME? Marianne
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? When Blue, my dog, died, like a baby I cried, I wasn't fit for human consumption cried. Although...my granddaughter came into my life after Blue died and I got to be there for her grand entrance into the world and I cried. Cried tears of joy.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Ms. Knitingale wrote that her handwriting looks like a 3rd grader's, our handwriting is *very* similar except mine has 12 years on her's so yeah, mine's a real mess, a 'matured' mess.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Peanut-butter.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? That really is a 'crazy' question, I mean, that 'another person' could be like *anything* for example someone who may love Bush, in which case the answer would be a flat no,(I'll say right here and now, that if any of the fabulous people out there in blogland where I leave comments on their blogs, it's because I like them and what they're doing, so..if by chance any of you are Bush fans...well, let's just promise never to bring 'him' up, ok?) if we're talking I'm still 'me' would I be friends with the 'other' me?, sure, I'd probably be gifted with some nice handknits..seriously, I can be just that nice to my friends. I'm talking 'socks' nice.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Just this blog, and yes, you can laugh now.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, I don't, but interestingly enough they were not removed surgically either (meaning I did have them throughout my childhood and early adulthood). oh yeah.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Heh, no.( I'd *want* to though.)
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Old fashioned rolled oats or the coarse Scottish type of oats, either kind cooked with fruit and a bit of honey and cinnamon. No milk!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Those would be my 'sneakers' and no.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, physically, mentally and emotionally, physically more so when I was younger, but I'm still pretty darned strong.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Mint Chocolate Chip, and I can't even remember the last time I ate it, it's been at least a couple of years, it's that dangerous.
14. SHOE SIZE? I have no idea. My feet are 9 inches long and 4 inches across the widest part, do* you* have any ideas on what 'size' they are?
15. RED OR PINK? Yep.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I can be what I call 'blunt' but DH and friends are more apt to call it being a butthead. go figure. seriously? I have a nasty mean streak, don't.piss.me.off. (actually, my friend, Chris,loves my bitchiness,really)
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dad, Mom (maternal grandmother) and Blue.
18 DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Just who the hell is 'everyone', anyway.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Green khaki pants, a brown wool sweater (handed down from DD, I think she accidentally shrunk it, but it's nice and soft), no shoes, I'm in the house.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A pear. A gloriously juicy ripe pear and I loved every second of it. I want to eat another one, oh wait, there's one more left...hold on.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the computer.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Indian Red
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Can't do it, too many, right now it's that 2nd pear I'm eating.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mother.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Facial expressions, maybe the eyes, body language....
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Excuse me? I didn't steal this. To say I like her is quite the understatement, I love her.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? At the time, plum juice cut with a bit of water(otherwise it's too sweet)
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Knitting
29. EYE COLOR? I had blue eyes until I was about 6, then they turned a green/hazel/gray and depending on what I wear for the predominant colour
30. HAT SIZE? About the same size as my head.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, glasses though.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Sushi, Vietnamese vegetarian,black beans.(how can a person have just *one* favourite food?)
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Neither, really. I like a movie with substance, ya know? a good story, and done well.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? I like them both but lean towards winter, for purely selfish reasons.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, please.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? This is another crazy question, and I really cannot answer.
37. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no idea, but I hope someone does.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Most everyone?
39. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier, it's the 2nd of three books recommended by Jo of Celtic Memory Yarns.
40. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Just my mouse and my hand.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? A Dick Cavett rerun of an interview he had with Ingmar Bergman.
42. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Wee bitty babies laughing, chuckling and giggling, that's just the best, when something tickles their minds...and believe me it can be a real crap shoot, but I LOVE those sounds.
43. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? excuse me, there is no 'or', so...Rolling Stones AND Beatles
44. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Toronto, CA
45. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? The muggles around me believe it to be knitting, I do bake well enough, and can and do make cream puffs, those go over really well.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? The Naval Hospital in San Diego, California
47. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Ms. Florence Knitingale, Herself. (although she didn't actually 'send' it to me, she rather sweet-talked me into it.

OK, that's it for today, yes, I'm still busy with the holiday knitting but have not completed anything new.

Happy knitting to all, and continue to make good time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

I love reading all these facts about you! Lene really did do a nice job on that sweater. So lovely. :0)

08 November, 2006 19:00  
Blogger Sanders said...

How fun! Love the bag.

So what happened to your tonsils? Abducted by space aliens?

Love the Dick Cavett reruns on TCM! I missed the Bergman one, but loved the Katherine Hepburn, Groucho Marx and Woody Allen ones.

See you at the next knit night!

08 November, 2006 21:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lene's knit looks like something from a Russian fairy-tale..it is gorgeous!. You really do have red trees in fall.Two days ago we were watching a news report from Washington D.C and a fuzzy backdrop looked as if a block of apartments was on fire bringing back some horrible memories.Obviously the reporter wouldn't have just stood there and talked about the election.Loved reading your list I'd do one but I type slowly and have a rather dull life . I have a whole lot of favourite foods and I am never going to Bungee jump. Like you my hobby is knitting, knitting and knitting.

09 November, 2006 14:01  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Such pretty trees! And I'm with Faren....who has your tonsils, and do they plan to give them back? I don't think you're a bit buttheaded....but, if you were, I'd love that as much as I love the rest of you....

09 November, 2006 15:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know... i think i read that if you have a horrid fever it can burn your tonsils...kinda make em shrivel up and die... eh... where was that... silly alien theories... too much X Files... CRY FOR JOY THE DEMOCRATS GOT CONGRESS!


this is where it should have gone in the first place

09 November, 2006 19:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home