Friday, October 27, 2006

The Beauty living down the street...


Really don't have tons to say, I've enjoyed reading a great many blogs out there this week, folks who had the good fortune to go to Rhinebeck, or as Kate put it, Yarnbeck, Kate I love that and have been referring to it as such. All the goodies put my drool glands in overdrive, couldn't go cruising without a towel close by for mopping purposes.

But.....this tree lives down the street from me.


Gracie and I went out for a bit of a walk, grabbed the camera to specifically get a photo of this tree, he/she's just the loveliest.


I was listening to the news the evening before, the weatherman was commenting on the weather that day, the temperature being very mild, nearly balmy really, but misting, sometimes heavy, mostly lightly, his words....."not too bad a day except for the annoying mist." I was absolutely shocked. Mist is beautiful. It was just a wonderful, beautiful day! It was actually misting a bit when Gracie and I had our walk, you'll see the evidence in the photos, sorry.



Still knitting away, still have not taken any photos, just very dark outside, perhaps now is the time to work on taking photos indoors........yeah, as in some other day.

Back to my knitting, and good knitting to all and please, make good time.


5 Comments:

Blogger Kate A. said...

Wow, that tree is really incredible! Of all the gorgeous foliage I saw in New Hampshire, I think that tree really outdoes it all...thanks for sharing it with us!

I like mist, too...

27 October, 2006 23:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is exactly what we all dream of when we think of "New England" ..not sure where you live but that tree is lovely.The earth smells wonderful in a mist .

28 October, 2006 02:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all who may be viewing, clicking on the photos will give an enlargement and these are truly worth the click.

Kate A., thank you, she looks even more grand due to the trees close by still being more green,eh?

Angie, it still remains a dream trip of mine to visit New England during the Autumn...I live in Tulsa, OK, you know that place...where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...amazing, eh?

Yes, I loves me a good misty day.

28 October, 2006 09:16  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Love your trees and envy you the colours you get over there. And absolutely with you on the mist. Took so many pictures today in Kerry of the clouds drifting across the mountains and the mist coming down over the boglands. It's so beautiful.
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

28 October, 2006 17:31  
Blogger Charity said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing! I, too, have always longed for a trip to New England to peep at the leaves. :0)

31 October, 2006 14:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home