Monday, October 23, 2006

Joining in on a Comfort Swap...

I don't know about all you folks out there in blogland but the holidays are coming up fast, well, seems to me they're coming up fast...and what I'm trying to accomplish this year...socks for the folks I love, especially the ones who haven't received socks from me, say, on their birthdays or any other day, they'll likely get something else, but knitted all the same. I have a great many pair of socks to make, so many I don't even like to think of the number, in fact, I avoid thinking about the number, it doesn't necessarily stress me out...only when I think about the number, right? I just grab yarn, think about the cuff pattern and knit.....the rest of the sock is just standard and I do have a list of measurements for everyone....but I just keep knitting when I can.

Ms. Knitingale has gotten a "Comfort Swap" organized and I decided to join in, she posted the list of questions so here it is.......well, first let me tell you, this is my very first question list, this is my first swap (of this nature), and that I am an idiot because try as hard as I might, I could not manage to copy and paste from Ms.K's post, yeah, I did the 'copy' part but as soon as I switched to the blog and right clicked to paste, it wasn't an option.......WTF. Would someone out there care to enlighten the idiot over here?

  1. Favourite colour? I love so many colours, the muted earth tones as in sage greens, muted blues, that purpley brown, and the neutrals...
  2. Is there any colour you really dislike? Pea poo green, the kind that has a lot of gold in it, same goes for the acidy goldy yellow...
  3. Do you have pets? What kind? Well, little Sam (cat) seems to stay and visit with me a great deal of the time, she does sleep out in the shed, day or night. I also lay a bit of claim to two large dogs who live with my daughter (long story) Babe and Mochajoe and they are THE.BEST.DOG-FACED.FOLKS.EVER.
  4. Is there any knitting related item you would love to have? Some home-made stitch markers made by you.
  5. Are you a sock knitter? (sigh) YES, most definitely, and I use dpns US sizes 1,2, or 3 to knit them up with...
  6. Do you have any on-line wish lists? Yes, Amazon.com, listed under Marianne R. Pool.
  7. Do you collect anything? Yes, I do. Rocks. Yep, rocks. I know the Sweet Harlot (I'm not even going to bother linking her, ok? we all know where to find her) refers to collecting rocks as some kind of joke, and I just have to giggle a bit madly whenever she does this but the truth is....I.love.rocks.
  8. What would make you smile or giggle with delight if you found it in your care package? A rock, of course. A nice rock, not too big (mind your postage) an interesting rock, maybe with a fossil? unique colour/s, found from around where you live or from a place that is special to you. You'd need to write on a note the details, where, what (if you know) and why.
  9. What would make you cringe if you found it in your care package? Oh gee, I don't know....a Care Bear? My little Pony? basically I am a somewhat sensitive earth momma/grandma, old hippie woman, I love the magic in this universe, the old legends and myths.........fun fur would list up with the care bear and Barbie... that sort of thing would not only make me cringe but would probably produce a bit of vomit...not that any of you would send someone something like that...(cut me a little slack, I already told you this is my first Q & A, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of you are thinking it may well be my last also, I'd understand)
  10. What sort of edible treat do you love? Dark, black chocolate, plain is fine, with dried fruits and nuts is fine also.
  11. Coffee, tea, cocoa, or.....? I love it all, I did quit drinking coffee and only rarely indulge in a cup here and there, I do love it, it's more a treat now.
  12. Any dietary restrictions? Yes, but what the hell, this is a CARE package...seriously, nothing I can think of that would outright kill me in the short run of things, meaning I'm not diabetic or have any severe allergies to anything I can think of.
  13. Do you celebrate Christmas or other winter holiday? Do you like holiday themed stuff? Nowadays I quietly celebrate Winter Solstice/Midwinter....so anything relating to that would need to be on the pure end of the spectrum, I know there are those out there who know what I mean....very simple things....a sprig of evergreen.....

Whew! Hopefully (again, if I'm ever 'allowed' to join in again) these Q & A lists get easier on a soul, at this particular point in time it just feels like I've been in some kind of hot seat. Silly, I know.

I'd like to take a few to welcome Baby girl Faith to the world, she is Wanda and Ed's (of Jenkinswoodworking...makes those beautiful Turkish spindles) very first Granddaughter, she is beautiful and so very blessed. Wanda, I know I wrote in my comment...referring to birthing as a tender thing, I am, in fact, very aware that the actual 'birthing' is not tender, I was referring to the time after the birthing.....as far as the actual birthing...I just have to say...women are in a definite state of grace throughout.......

Good knitting to all, and continue making good time.






9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try CTRL+V to paste when no option present.

guess who

23 October, 2006 12:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can ony guess...my secret swap buddy? I sincerely hope I didn't offend you or anyone else with my answers...;)

23 October, 2006 12:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, never mind about that comment I left for anonymous...that was DH, he was reading my blog! And truth is, that's just like him...to read through something and find the one technical bit and comment/answer the question. I think it's too funny.

23 October, 2006 12:59  
Blogger Emma said...

I thought your answers were great. And I was going to come along and tell you the ctrl+v trick too. Ah, well.

Thanks again for letting me wind my Lorna's Laces this evening! I know, you're probably wondering why I'm not working on them right now! I DO have a deadline, after all.

23 October, 2006 19:54  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Oh...I'm pretty sure you'll get invited again! I thought your answers were great...and now I'll quietly let you off the hotseat.

24 October, 2006 08:35  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Crtl V you already know now:) It took me a while to figure out. Glad to see someone else celebrates simply:)
Yarns I can't get? Can't think of names easily but the more smaller mills you have over there that don't like to ship to Scotland I guess

24 October, 2006 11:30  
Blogger Charity said...

I don't like answering all those questions either, it feels like a job interview or something! And I hate the feeling like I'm asking for something. But the swap part is so much fun, it's well worth it! :0)

24 October, 2006 21:04  
Blogger Sanders said...

The comfort swap sounds like fun....

I'm swearing off swaps until I get some of the knitting off my needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a little contest on my blog... come take a stab at my question....you could win something long and twisty made of fiber...

24 October, 2006 21:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your list..I only too well remember when Holly wanted a "My Little Pony" ..what to do? I gave in and now she squeals with laughter at the thought that she liked them .

26 October, 2006 12:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home