Monday, August 14, 2006

Coming right along.....


Last Tuesday was knitnight at the neighborhood library, we had a great crowd, some newcomers, a couple who were newbies, and they were picking up the knitting like they were born with needles in their wee bitty hands, they were that good. Everyone brought their projects to show and there are some real beauties being knitted up. Can't wait til the next knitnight, perhaps I'll take the camera and ask for pics.

As for my knitting.....well, these are socks for Bobby, my DH, he really likes having handknit socks.



And then there's this.......


It's a shawl out of Nancie M. Wiseman's book, Knitted Shawls, Stoles, and Scarves, I'm using Rowan yorkshire tweed 4ply and the colour in person is different from the pic in that the green is a brighter green and has other greens mixed in, looks very much like a wall glaze I did on living room walls for a friend of mine......it really is a beautiful mix of colours.

And then there are these, starting with this one...



next came these...

and then a couple more...


The 'warshrags' have been too much fun...and they helped me keep my sanity while trying to figure some of this blog thing out...

That's it for today, we did have Bobby's BD last thursday, we took him to Fuji's for sushi, then home for chocolate cake that I baked, I had also given him some KoKoa truffles,mmmmm, those little gems just melt some heaven in your mouth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sanders said...

the knitting looks great! Are we doing knitting next Tuesday? If so do you want to meet early and do the blog tutorial?

16 August, 2006 09:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hidey-ho! Thought I would see how this works!!! Guess what? Lisa R. is gonna be a grandma mid-Sept.!! Chris and Maggie (mid kid) How about one of those hats? Maybe a girl. Do you use those wash cloths?

16 August, 2006 11:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home