Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A bit of mush for brains...

Thanksgiving was great, good company, really great food, the only thing.....I woke up the next morning feeling....tired...then just not quite right which turned into a full blown cold and I've felt fairly wretched ever since. A little bit of knitting going on, not as much as I would like, haven't even touched Shedir in that my brain is just so much mush.....Those purple things? Fuzzy feet..they'll get felted, will show when finished...


The weather has been so incredibly mild for the past week, we've had 7 days of temps in the 70's (F) with the lows...not very low at all. But today, it started out around 68F and it's starting to drop, tomorrow they say we're not to get above 25F, and that, my dear friends, is Oklahoma!

So I've taken a few photos, and hopefully they'll all upload to Blogger...yes, bless the Blogger...


I'll be cutting the geranium back, way back, and I've got the pot nestled in a huge black bag full of leaves, I'll pack more leaves on top and cover it with another bag, as I don't have the space for it in the house nor the energy to get it in here even if there were space.....





Here's a not so little friend of mine, he/she has been living here on the front porch all summer, although he/she did scamper off during the colder weather we had a couple of weeks ago, when the temps turned mild again she came out, surely looking for some food, we have a deal going, I try to not run into her web and she 'screens' visitors, she gladly takes care of any wool eating moths who are trying to come visit and I so appreciate that.

Now, although I do avoid the crazy lady spider dance, not to mention I wouldn't want to hurt a 'harmless' spider let alone have spider goo in my hair....I do not mind spiders at all, for the most part, I think some of them are quite beautiful and their spinning?? Absolutely beautiful.


Happy Knitting to all and continue to make good time.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit that house-spiders scuttling across the floor make me scream. I too watch I don't breal webs when I put washing out.In my workroom a few years ago there was one in the window area and I talked to him/her.This spider was like a goalie it would jump and grab passing flies in the most brilliant way.
I seem to be having one cold after another too Marianne but it is very changeable weather her too. It's nice to hear about Oklahoma because I know a lot about some States and so little about others.

29 November, 2006 12:12  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

So nice to see photos of your geraniums and spider! My geraniums are mostly tucked up in the greenhouse and haven't seen a spider for a bit. We often have one in our bathroom during the winter months and it will sit in one space for days on end!
In the summer and fall, the first person out in the garden often 'breaks' the webs - not intending to. It is amazing just how strong those webs are and the delicacy is wonderful on a dewy morning!
No dew here today, just more snow - would you like some.
The ginger snap bars you sent, Marianne, are just the best. So good with the Peach Ginger tea!
Off to do some finishing off on the Silk and Cashmere beret. Enough S&C left to crochet a jaunty flower for the side of the beret. The stitchmarkers are happily nestled in the wonderful little bag you felted. Maybe this snowy day will be a good one to try to knit and felt a wee bag!
Hope your cold is better soon. I cannot remember when I last had a cold. I always say the pool water clears my sinuses so well that I don't get colds. However, I do get flu shots every fall!

29 November, 2006 12:17  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

A spider-feeding woman!

I hope your cold is on the mend and that your back into full swing soon.

The nest in the tree captured my fancy. Spying them is like uncovering a treasure.

29 November, 2006 12:26  
Blogger Marianne said...

Angie, I just love those furry little window spiders! Seriously, the way they watch what you're doing, I have quite a few of them that live in the cedar shingles on the house and I always greet them, the grandkids love them too.

Peg, I'm getting ready to have a cup of ginger peach tea myself, I know it will make me feel better...I'm so glad you're so pleased with the goodies.

Wanda, I emailed your reply, I'm just so tickled that you saw the nest. I leave out yarn ends, the little snippets, and would love to see the insides of the nests around here.;)

29 November, 2006 12:50  
Blogger Faren said...

What pretty colors those leaves are! The trees are pretty bare here and the only color is the evergreens and the new wheat which is such a pretty spring green. Amazing what a difference 200 miles makes!

29 November, 2006 13:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's one of the good things about ths -40 garbage. The spiders die off for awhile.

Oh BTW, I think you were right about the red wine sensitivity!

29 November, 2006 18:06  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

For you, I'll try not to make that face I get when I see spiders. I promise. Not even a little on. But what pattern did you use for the lovely purple feeties? They're adorable!

29 November, 2006 20:29  
Blogger Charity said...

I am, in general, happy to see spiders, since they eat so many yuckier bugs! We had a big fat one living on our front step all summer, and I was always happy to think of the bugs he was keeping out of our home! :0)

30 November, 2006 15:30  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow, your photos are beautiful. Glad to hear that you're recovering and that the holiday was great. Pamper yourself a little bit now (or a lot, if you prefer!) :) Dana

01 December, 2006 07:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home