Friday, August 17, 2007

Feeling Charitable?

That is one of the things knitterly types are famous for,eh?

This will be a very brief post, just popping in real quick to let you all know about some good causes...

First off....Ms.K is wanting to make some comfort blankets for the families of the trapped miners. Check her post out here.I know I'll be making some squares for her, she's actually saving me from 'washcloth hell'...just kidding, can one have too many? Don't answer that, and just so you know...I've not knit that many these last however many weeks....(3)..I know, just pathetic. There's already a line forming if you'd like to whap me a good one. I know.
I'm REALLY looking forward to knitting these squares though.

Next...Julie's 'Light the Night', read all about it here, and yes, I donated and hope if you are able to...even just a little bit, because we all know about that 'every little bit helps' business, right?

And...Norma. The Red Scarf Project,...knitting red scarves and raising money to help out wherever and however it's most needed...again, yes, I have donated and please, again, if you're able to, it does indeed all add up. Just look at the numbers.

These are three VERY GOOD CAUSES....


That's it folks, it's crazy busy in my little neck of the woods, still not totally unpacked and have just started working on the old house...getting it 'user friendly' for Mom...


Happy Knitting to all and continue making good times.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning Light the Night!

I'm definitely in for making squares for the miners' families. Isn't it just so tragic what happened there!

Of course I'm also in for a Red Scarf or two and have made my donation to the fund.

You are a good woman, Marianne, to pass along all this info. You are also so right - knitterly types certainly do seem to reach out to those in need!

17 August, 2007 14:40  
Blogger Joanna said...

You're the bestest Marianne, the loveliest, and most giving, always finding time for so many good causes. An angel among us xoxox

17 August, 2007 17:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for helping get the word out for the miner's project. ms. k has such wonderful ideas and it has been fun watching some of them evolve into something tangible.

17 August, 2007 18:06  
Blogger Nikki said...

You're such a good woman mentioning all these things :)

17 August, 2007 18:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Marianne, I'm amazed you've found time to knit even a bit in this hectic summer, let alone to be doing so for others. We are blessed aren't we!

18 August, 2007 04:16  
Blogger picperfic said...

wot Jo said xx

19 August, 2007 02:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So your Mum will be closer , that is good . Keep on knitting for those good causes . I need to check in our branch of Oxfam if they are looking for blankets for Peru ( if so I'll buy one as it's urgent) and if not donate money and keep buying that yarn .

19 August, 2007 02:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{{{Marianne}}}}} Good going, sweetie!

Plus good luck with your mom's house, and hope you get a chance to slow down and knit soon! Take care of yourself.

20 August, 2007 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home