Thursday, January 18, 2007

Arse over Teakettle

No, not me. But I did watch a crow do just that, on my way back from the market early this morning. Yep, you heard that right, on my way back from the market. I finally left the house for a bit of hunting and gathering, for Bobby and I, also for my Mother, Bobby to deliver her goods on his way to work. But...that crow....I love crows...but they're having a bit of a hard time on this white frozen hard like concrete stuff that's covering every surface as far as you can see. These are NOT, I repeat, NOT rip-snortin' conditions. Not for me anyway. This stuff is just getting more polished as the days go by. When I got up this morning, out looking for the newspaper.....it was 30F....it felt damned balmy...it felt so good I sat down and enjoyed it for a few minutes.


We're supposed to be getting snow this weekend, and the temps between now and then are not going to be such that the above mentioned surface will melt away beforehand. I guess we've been due, eh?

Hege, your package is all ready to be taken to the post office and wing your way but I don't know just when exactly I'll be getting to the post office. I do apologize, is there any chance that 'Patience' is your middle name? I will try to find my vehicle (I drove Bobby's to the market) under the above mentioned white stuff, maybe get lucky and get out tomorrow morning.

Today is yet another special day....it's Neo's birthday!


This is FSF Jo's son, quite possibly the cutest little boy ever. Neo, many happy wishes winging your way little guy, hope today is as special for you as you are to your Mom and Dad. And yes, Jo knit that pullover hoodie he's wearing....really nice,eh?

Photo of above mentioned white surface covering everything.....


The Smooch up in the tree....I have a few of these. We are NOT using the 'c' word. (due to 'the stench' that's out there behaving like some kind of borg...search, search, destroy)


ZOOM IN



Hey, look, more of my buddies.







Happy Knitting to All and continue to make good time.



(of course, it has now occurred to me that....crow.....the word itself may attract 'the stench', hopefully 'it's' baleful eye will pass over....and not notice.........)

7 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Oh yes lets get the stench again! That will put the cat amongst the pigeons I mean crows, Neo says thanks for the special birthday mention Aunty M! XOXOX

18 January, 2007 13:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute boy and such a gorgeous hoodie. I have never met a cat who'd take on a crow but then maybe that explains the many cats with eyes missing ? The only thing I hate about crows is the noise ..blackbirds sing so much better.

19 January, 2007 01:10  
Blogger Hege said...

That's so funny, didn't know the crows would have problems with anything! Don't rush, don't leave the house anymore than you need for food and fuel! Glad you have power, I really hope the ice goes away soon. That little guy in the beautiful hoodie is precious! Love the hunting cat, too!

19 January, 2007 14:17  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Beautiful boy, stunning sweater. And I also had no idea that the crows would find it such tough going. I confess, I don't love the crows all that much--I'm with Ang on the noise thing. They get really rauccous out our way!

19 January, 2007 15:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neo is adorable. I hope he had a great birthday!

19 January, 2007 20:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not happy dancing over my socks yet. I'm sort of ignoring them in favor of vegging out with some simple washcloths.

On the other hand ... those socks aren't going to knit themselves. Maybe tomorrow. It's too late to get started tonight. LOL

19 January, 2007 20:41  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow so many January birthdays in your clan - hope you're keeping well in the cold. Just wind and rain to contend with here.

Bee yoo tiful man sock, good luck with number 2.

20 January, 2007 04:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home