Friday, January 12, 2007

53 years ago.......

Hege, you are the winner! I'll be emailing you soon as I get this posted.

My daughter got busy this week, back at work after having 2 weeks vacation, she was to have taken a photo of this 53 year old woman. Soon.

The Knitpicks package arrived in the post yesterday which thrilled me to no end, the Options needles are beautiful. I am just so itching to cast on ......at this point anything, but I'm thinking the Swallowtail, finally. I do need to finish up on Bobby's socks...yes, I've been slacking....and there's a couple more little projects I need to do, and are you wondering why I can't go ahead and start the shawl and still work on these other things? I'm just taking a wild guess that once I start Swallowtail I won't put it down, and its 'deadline' is far into the future, well enough anyway, and the little projects I need to do, they need to be done ASAP. Plus, I'm thinking I want to do more than one of these shawls. It seems that as far as my heart's desires go, it's all about lace right now. Magical stuff, that lace.

It's a rather cold, wet morning here. The Great NW recent weather is here, with ice, possibly snow so I'm thinking it will be a nice weekend spent mostly inside at home which is perfectly fine with me, I am a hermit at heart and love being home. Bobby and I do have plans to eat out this evening, my choice, a vegetarian place, the food is so good, and I'm really looking forward to this. Tomorrow evening we had planned to go out (shock) and listen to a bit of live music, a friend of ours drums for this band....Odd Sheep Out..... I'm pretty sure that's what he said....a woman, another guy,.....they're from Canada.....I asked Richard if the woman was a knitter....of course he had no idea..(muggle)..he does believe we'll enjoy the music, we'll see, actually I've kind of psyched myself for it and am now looking forward to going, we'll see how the weather turns.

It's a quiet morning, and I'm feeling a bit reflective, and it feels good. Probably not the best time to write this post but there you have it.

Oh hey, it's my birthday and I think I'll spend it, hmmmmmmm, oh yeah, knitting!

I thank each and every one of you for playing along with me, there are so many family birthdays in January, that most of you hit on every one of them.

Happy Knitting to All and continue to make good time!

20 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! Big hug! I hope you have a wonderful day and a great weekend, too. It sounds like your whole month is going to be a big long family birthday celebration. Enjoy!

I can't believe I won, I never win :)

12 January, 2007 10:27  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

The universe smiled when you were born into it, Sweetie. Have a wonderful, wonderful day. Wish I was there to give you a birthday hug, but you know I'm thinking it your way.

12 January, 2007 10:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful time knitting! :-) Oh, and KnitPicks' Options rock! I am using them for Lotus Blossom.

12 January, 2007 10:51  
Blogger Faren said...

Happy Birthday, Marianne! Hope you have a good one. I love my Knitpicks options that I just bought, I think I'll buy all my needles there from now on.

12 January, 2007 11:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happy birthday to you ,happy birthday to you,happy birthday dear Marianne ,happy birthday to you" Hugs from Angie xxx, Holly xxx and Jeff xxx
Have a wonderful day ..it's nearly over here as I post so I hope you have a great day ...oooo isn't the time-zone thing freaky !!!

12 January, 2007 11:19  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Happy Birthday, hope it is an enjoyable one and that you get lots of knitterly stuff:)

12 January, 2007 11:26  
Blogger Gail said...

Happy Birthday from a first time poster/viewer of your blog! I saw your comment on Cara's STR post, and thought I'd pop over. I'll be 53 later this year. (I can't believe I said it out loud)!

Anyway, hope your day is wonderful and that everyone spoils you rotten.

12 January, 2007 11:47  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Happy Birthday!
Enjoy your day, as all the other holidays in our lives we must share, but it is your birthday alone, so enjoy! NO, NO, I did not send the cold weather down to you for your birthday! We have lots here, if you want more!

12 January, 2007 11:55  
Blogger Dianne said...

Marianne,
Happy Birthday!!..You made that a fun event leading up to the 'special day'..all the anticipation of when it was..and who the winner would be. I hope you have a wonderful day, year..and many more filled with lots of yarn, needles and knitting projects..hugs!!

12 January, 2007 13:00  
Blogger Kelly said...

Happy birthday marianne! Have a great day. I look forward to hearing about your future Swallowtail - I've been contemplating that one myself.

12 January, 2007 13:31  
Blogger Emma said...

Happy Birthday! Too bad it's such crappy weather, but at least you can spend the weekend snug at home with the knitting.

12 January, 2007 13:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! A day of knitting is a good way to spend a birthday :)

12 January, 2007 15:19  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Happy Birthday! (((Marianne)))

Reflection is good. And a birthday is the perfect time for peaceful reflection. Your dinner out tonight and the live music tomorrow both sound great.

May this year be smooth, yet full of interesting turns and views, with many great projects along the way.

12 January, 2007 15:19  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

And that stash - wow! Tried to show the other half and explain that I actually have no yarn...I think he just sees where this addiction may be taking me!!

Hope you had a great day and lots of lovely knitting.

12 January, 2007 16:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arms 'round and big happy birthday hug to you! What the hell, I say. Start the Swallowtail - it's your birthday!

Enjoy it and many, many more!

12 January, 2007 17:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! May you have a year filled with knitting joys.

I'll be curious to see pics of your Swallowtail once it gets going.

12 January, 2007 22:16  
Blogger Joanna said...

Looking forward to that photo of the young at heart 53 year old
xoxox

13 January, 2007 16:38  
Blogger Charity said...

Happy Birthday to you, Marianne! I wish you a beautiful and joyful year! :0)

13 January, 2007 22:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise I will make it over there to take that photo... working on the bedroom closet doors some sanding then some primer then the painting... and I am slowly working on each window one at a time so I am able to keep my lovely new curtains up... the room is looking much better! I got nice hardware for the closet doors... just knobs and I filled the drilled holes... I may need more trim color... We will see... I love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday! Narns birthday tomorrow... I am calling him SUPER DUPER early!

14 January, 2007 10:57  
Blogger Kate A. said...

Happy Birthday Marianne! (now belated, sorry!) I can't wait to hear about both the KP Options and the Swallowtail - both, as you know, on my day-dream list...

17 January, 2007 09:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home