Friday, January 05, 2007

Scattered Quiet


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
4
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?



How about that? That's with my legal/married name, well, part of it, they weren't asking for a middle name which in my case happens to be my maiden name, yes, legally, but I did run the thing on my first name and maiden name and it came up at 147, still pretty low.


Not much has been going on around here, well, I take that back, when your brain starts in on the scattery thing.....it seems like there's all kinds of stuff going on but in reality? Nothing much actually gets accomplished.

Tried to do some yarn dyeing yesterday, all my beloved magpies, you might choose to not look, not at all to your tastes, I know.



Did I achieve what I was going after? no, not really. Although, I do kind of like it, in fact, the more I look at it, the more I like it, FSF Jo, can this be my 'weird thing' for today? I like muted earthtone colours. I may overdye this stuff, I may not, I keep wondering how it would look, knit up into socks. If you went walking through the woods...in just these socks...would your stockingfeet just blend in with the earth? They just might.....well, ok, if there's not lots of leaves on the ground they just might.

I've also been working on an argyle sock for Bobby, he was so happy...did you all catch that? He 'was' so happy.....I need to rethink this argyle thing because I'm wanting to do them in the round and I was using a bit heavier yarn...so when you start carrying all those yarns around, yeah, of course, he does have skinny ankles, the socks would just 'fill' them out some,heh.
But no, I'm designing a simple FI now and....yep, he's all happy again.

It's been quiet.

Happy Knitting to All and continue to make good time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Hi! When I had the opportunity to visit Fleece Artist last fall, I asked the gal who owns the company if she ever felt a certain colour combo would not work. She commented that she had lost all her colour prejudice and had seen some of the most beautiful knitted items from some of the uglier colour combinations. I like your colourway!
Also, the blue scarf I am knitting from the cashmere is definitely for ME! It is heavenly to knit - thank you all over again!

05 January, 2007 13:55  
Blogger Emma said...

There are 13 people with my name. That thing is obviously not too accurate--it says there are 0 people with my husband's name! Hello!

05 January, 2007 14:13  
Blogger Marianne said...

Emma, it came up O for Havala's name also, and I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple out there.

05 January, 2007 14:20  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

There are 19 of me....which I wouldn't have guessed. Mr. K found out that everyone in the country with his mother's maiden name is related to him. Weird, huh? I may be a magpie (okay, I am) but I love me some sage green. Go on, make some forest floor sockies!

05 January, 2007 15:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

13 with my name (47 with my maiden name).

I'm betting that yarn would make some nice looking socks. Personally, I like the earthtones.

05 January, 2007 16:40  
Blogger Sanders said...

Interesting name thing, I'm with Emma on this one though... it said there were 2 people with my name as it was before I married. Since only my family has that last name I know that not to be true, I was unique, namewise, until I married.

My married name is one of the most common... holy moly there are thousands of me now. Scary isn't it.

Love the yarn...

05 January, 2007 17:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess there is a colour combo for everyone out there. I think yours looks like soft moss and lavendar which is rather lovely. I have only dyed yarn once and not yet acheived my dream colours. I think C.T.H's "Spanish Moss" is close so I leave it to them. So there are non-existant people out there huh? I am sure my name would come up with 25,000 in the U.K alone . I get rather ragged about my surname cos it's not Jeff's families at all ,rather his familie's Plantation owner .I want mum's maiden name . In fact I think all Black families should choose something because I don't like being associated with slave owners. As people used to have trade names mine will be Mrs Accountant ...no thanks ..Mrs Knit ..yes please !Please don't worry that we about to become Mr and Mrs x b.t.w ...Malcolm were you crazy ?( don't answer that anyone ) .

06 January, 2007 01:07  
Blogger Charity said...

My little guy is anxious for me to ply some of my spinning, so we can "practise" dying it. :0) Looks like fun, and I think I like yours just as it is.

I put my name in, and got a 0 as well. Just as well I'm in Canada, eh?

06 January, 2007 14:37  
Blogger Joanna said...

Wow, well there is one person in the USA with my name, how long will it take to track them down do you think!!! It's a lovely soft natural green colour Marianne.
xoxox

07 January, 2007 05:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home