Monday, February 04, 2008

seems I've stumbled down a hole.....

E'gads.... and before you ask (if you're so inclined) I HAVE stumbled down a deep dark hole, over and over and over.... I really do need to do something about 'that' hole... like fill it up, and I'm working on it.

Bobby brought home some new tech, which is always and yet never a surprise, you know? He has his computer interests and I have my fibre interests ('interests'=obsessions).. after getting it set up and learning what he wanted to know (for starters anyway) he then placed this new piece of tech on my desk. It's an iMac . Now.... I had my computer, (and being late to this whole world) I had finally gotten comfortable with it, had it at my beck and call, you know what I'm talking about, quit snickering.... it did what I wanted it to do and in a timely fashion.... now for something entirely different. No... not really but it IS different and I'm learning and I apparently really am a dork.

Personally, I'm thinking he's just trying to ward off Alzheimers... in me.

I've also been experiencing a strange 'block' to posting... I'm thinking it's stemming from the new tech learning event, in part.... some mornings I wake up feeling very positive about posting but then I'll get distracted, side tracked, snagged and just lose it.

There are things to tend to and so I'm just going to jump in and.... tend to them.

First up..... Saisquoi? needs a 3rd PIF person, if you're wanting to join in she can hook you up!



Next up.... I have been gifted this lovely award by 6 wonderful women. (this is probably another reason adding to that 'block' mentioned above, how does one choose only 10?) Mary Ann aka nonizamboni has helped me out with this.... I'll take them as I 'think' I remember the order in which they were given, that way I'll get to include everyone who makes my day!

First up was Amy, she's a local knitter and with that in mind I'll start with the local knitterly bloggers who make my day....

Amy
Emma
Sue
Kathy
Eric & Tony
Ann
Ree aka The Pioneer Woman... no, she doesn't knit that I know of, but can you imagine if she did? Reading through some of her posts though I have gotten the strong impression that she lives in Oklahoma and I love reading her stories and seeing her photos.

So ok, there's only 7 blogs there (Eric and Tony blog together) so I'm going to mention some blog-free people who make my day....

Ms.K... yes, ok, she does have a blog but she's taking a break from it and she definitely makes my day.
Gretchen.... (I think it counts that she's been a guest blogger here) she definitely makes my day. She's very sneaky.... I loves me some sneaky.
Lynn..... she lives in Northern Ireland, Lynn, you do indeed make my day.

There will be more lists.

Knitting? Oh yes.
Will there be photos? We'll see how it goes.

Thorpe hats.... these are great hats. Still haven't gotten a photo of Conor and Gracie in theirs, nor Avery in his but.....


Gracie's.... two colourways of Paton's SWS

Avery's.... Peace Fleece, Grass Roots
This yarn was gifted to me by the Most Lovely Dianne, two skeins, it didn't surprise me one bit that Avery chose this yarn, but he's not getting the other skein.... mine, all mine.

I have gotten some incredibly delightful gifts over the past few weeks and as soon as I find that little 'whateverit'scalled'.... sigh.... I'll show them.

I'm also working on a Blanket. For Bobby. Noro Big Kureyon #7 colourway, muted colours (I love them)... I call it the BBB, sometimes I add another letter to that but we'll let it stand as the triple B.
I want to finish this blanket in a big way so I'm not allowing myself to start or work on anything else (although Norma directed me to a 'calling all hands' so a blankie square is going to sneak in)... but seriously.... I want this blanket off my needles, finished at which point I can resume other knitterly pursuits.

Other news..... you know that Sneaky Gretchen? She signed me up, put me in 'the' line... Ravelry, yep.
I had opened my mailbox one morning, saw the 'invitation' which puzzled me, seriously puzzled me. I started thinking about it... Gretchen was my prime suspect, I asked her about it and she 'fessed up', and proudly I might add... (this whole event has tickled me greatly)
She knows me so very well.
I've only gotten as far as registering, I'm 'MsKnotminding', I still need to create an account with Flickr.... blah blah blah.... heh.

But for now... it's 67F here in Tulsa this morning, I've opened windows and doors letting the fresh air flow through, it's delightfully balmy, the thermals have come off for the next 24 hours at least, and the daily chores and BBB are calling me.

.......and now it appears there will be no photos today.... back to the drawing board, just as soon as I clean up the exploded brains bit......

Happy Knitting to All and continue making good time.

25 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

happy knitting to you Marianne and good luck with your new technology:0 You'll soon have it working alongside you I'm sure:))

04 February, 2008 11:53  
Blogger Kitty Mommy said...

Oh man, I consider myself to be reasonably geeky when it comes to technology and I STILL go through the cussing and throwing things every time I get a new version of software that moves all the buttons around or new hardware where I can't find anything!

Welcome to Ravelry! I'll confess that I had an inkling to do what Gretchen did. Fortunately (unfortunately??), my procrastination tendencies tend to cancel out my impish tendencies.

04 February, 2008 12:01  
Blogger Angela Cox said...

Oh learning Mac ..yee gods ...Tony loves them but even he is learning all the time. I fear both Jeff and Holly think I have dememtia cos they explain things to me and It's in one ear and out the other ..so they shout. It's the tiredness haze that won't go away . I have insisted Holly goes to the doctor about her P.M.T this Wednesday cos it is mean and I don't need it .She is fine three weeks a month then nothing I do or say is right I think it's more than being a teenager so I wait to see.

04 February, 2008 12:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new iMac. I'm sure you'll be loving it real soon!

Let me know what you think of Ravelry once you get going. I think it's okay, but it doesn't float my boat like my blog does.

04 February, 2008 12:53  
Blogger Dana said...

A Mac, huh? I have several family members who adore them, but we don't talk to them much. LOL Just kidding! You'll adapt to the difference in no time, Marianne.

YAY GRETCHEN! Delighted to read that you got Marianne into Ravelry (I'm blueridgeknit btw). Great job.

The BBB(B) blanket sounds wonderful and whenever you're ready, I'd love to see a photo! Enjoy your beautiful weather and xoxoxox!

04 February, 2008 13:02  
Blogger Vanessa said...

We are having beautiful weather here in Dallas too. Cloudy off and on but I don't mind! Congratulations on the award.

I also made the switch to the Mac. It took me about a month to fully get into it, but I LOVE it now and will never go back. Its too much apple-y goodness and now it just makes sense to me. Good luck in your transition!

04 February, 2008 13:15  
Blogger Charity said...

We all stumble down a hole now and then... I'm glad to see you post, and hear that all is well. :0)

I quite like Ravelry as a yarn/pattern reference, and a catalogue of my FOs and what I want to knit, but don't love it for much else. It certainly doesn't replace my blog - I always have far too much to say! :0)

04 February, 2008 15:14  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I have enjoyed being on Ravelry even though I haven't found the time to utilize it the way it was intended. I'm always too busy knitting or blogging.

04 February, 2008 15:38  
Blogger Nikki said...

mmmm I love my mac. LOVE him... :)

can't wait to see your knit pictures

and ravelry - my name is (shockingly) nikki

04 February, 2008 16:36  
Blogger nonizamboni said...

Whether you know it or not, you're a lucky girl to have a Mac and he'll grow on you--kinda like being married--did I say that?
I got my fill of endorphins for the day reading your post! And 67 degrees? Wow. Will be waiting for the pics, dearie, just waiting :O)
xoxo
p.s. I guess the Caribou Coffee, Taco Bell and Taco John's encroached on those turkeys' habitat. . .hmmm. But aren't they hilarious?

05 February, 2008 07:16  
Blogger Dianne said...

You will have control of Mr.Mac before you know it..seems you're already doing quite well..much better than myself with those fiddly little flat keys on the new laptop..lol...as always a most inspiring post and being that I've been out of the limelight..I might add..You Make My Day...in more ways than you'll ever know..those warm email messages always warm my heart and soul..Love you

05 February, 2008 12:08  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yey nice to see you out of the hole :o)

Good luck with new technology and old - am looking forward to photos of that heavenly sounding blanket soon.

05 February, 2008 12:21  
Blogger weebug said...

i absolutely love my mac! and congrats on the ravellry thing..it is warmer at your place than it is here!

05 February, 2008 13:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, you miss a day of checking to see if someone's still kicking, and that's the day there's a new post!

If I had a blog, you'd be on my "Make my Day" list, sweetie pie. That's quite an honor when blogless! And you're right - I get a kick out of sneaking around.
The mac? I think you'll "get it" quicker than you think - it just takes some patience, a few threats to throw it out amongst the balmy breezes (we're scheduled for between 14-20 inches of snow before it ends tomorrow, wtf, indeed), and a few "huh"s and next thing you know you'll be asking for an ipod!
Welcome home!

05 February, 2008 18:36  
Blogger Jason said...

Don't you just love the iMac, though?? :-) I got one for CB for Christmas. Just the 20" LCD monitor alone is quite nice. The new Leopard is impressive too. I can share with you some of the nice free add-ons if you'd like. Start with Quicksilver:

http://docs.blacktree.com/quicksilver/what_is_quicksilver

It's an Application Launcher. Really nice. :-)

Use that iPhoto for your pictures. No more excuse for not blogging pictures! :-P All you do is plug in your camera and your iMac will open iPhoto to download your pictures. Now get that Flickr account and download one of the uploaders here:

http://www.flickr.com/services/

There's also that FlickrBooth to go with PhotoBooth. You know PhotoBooth, right? Open it and take snapshots of yourself. Yes, use that built-in camera, please! hehehe

Whoa, better stop before this turns into a tutorial or something.

05 February, 2008 18:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jason. He rocks.

05 February, 2008 19:35  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I hate those holes that keep showing up when I least expect them. Alas, I think that's precisely why they reappear! I know what you mean about new technology -- I always feel discombobulated for days when someone changes any of my tech around. It confuses me, and makes me cranky. I can't wait to see the blanket you're working on! But meanwhile, take care, and we'll be here whenever you post :)

05 February, 2008 21:04  
Blogger Jason said...

Awww Gretch! :: blush ::

Here's a place for a bunch of free Mac softwares:

http://www.opensourcemac.org/

Oh Marianne, don't forget Skitch!

http://www.skitch.com

07 February, 2008 19:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, you're back!

Blogger hates me and won't link to me, but I had to say SOMETHING!

Nothing like a new computer to completely screw up your life.

10 February, 2008 09:33  
Blogger Joanna said...

I've been by at least twice and read the post and the comments, but what a doofus, forgot to leave the comment! You always make my day now here's a ladder get yourself out of that hole! xoxox

11 February, 2008 12:52  
Blogger picperfic said...

oh Marianne, I love your posts, whatever the content! Well done on the award too! You are very loved, the world over...

25 February, 2008 02:02  
Blogger razmabaz said...

What a lovely and an interesting read.... no photos? Never mind. Everybody says Macs are easy, they've only got one mouse button to use, what can be hard about that? Didn't Alice fall down a hole? Drink me.... ;^)

25 February, 2008 13:23  
Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I just learned last night that you haven't been feeling well. I do hope you are on the mend, please let me know if there is anything I can do.

27 February, 2008 10:04  
Blogger Ulster Lynn said...

Hey, I make your day! How cool is that? Just added myself as a Google/blogger so I'll try to check in more often (talk about Alzheimers! I feel like Grampa Simpson "I'm so confused!")

I also tried to add a dot to your map but I think that's out of my control. BT52 if you need it. I'd like the dot at the very tippy north of the island!

07 March, 2008 09:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I heard you snagged some fiber from Kate's in Kelleyville. Hope you are spinning your way out of the hole, or planting flowers, or . . . whatever floats your boat.

Cheers! Annie

01 April, 2008 10:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home